Cat died. Hit by car?

Breed: Tabby cat
My cat was found a few days ago under my neighbours car. He had been bleeding from his nose, mouth and ears. We think he must have been hit on the road and crawled under the neighbours car to die. I am absolutely devastated and finding it hard to come to terms with it, I just need to know if you think it was a quick death from the information i have given you? He had no other marks on his body. I just need some closure so need to know what killed him? Head injury? Thank you for reading my question, hope you can help me.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about Tabs.

The most likely cause of death, as you suspected, is if he was hit by a vehicle. In my experience with cats being hit by a car they either escape with very few injuries or they die very quickly.

If he was hit head on then he likely lost consciousness very quickly and therefore would have no knowledge of what was happening and no pain.

If he had no bruising or obvious broken bones then most likely this was a quick death.

If he had significant internal bleeding then this is not a painful way to die.

If he had fractures in his head, it is possible that he did have some pain for the last few minutes of his life, but again, he likely was not fully conscious and aware of what was going on.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Thank you for your reply. I just needed to know if the bleeding was because he had a head injury and like i said wanted to know if it was quick. I hate to think he was lying there for a long time.

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (5396 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25853 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (10470 views)

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14476 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (16669 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (5883 views)

House training adult dog. Is it possible to house break a 5 y/o mini pin that was rescued from a puppy mill? ... (8662 views)

Tylosin responsive diarrhea. In another posting on this site you mention giving tylosin daily in "tiny amounts"... (7502 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (17831 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5743 views)