Puppy is leaking urine.

Breed: bullmastiff
Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The dog daycare i've taken her too has mentioned it many times and i chalked it up to young age but now im more concerned. Yesterday she got up to run and play and the urine just ran out. She has also peed laying down. Her urine does not smell strong or appear dark in color. She seems totally unable to control it also is this something common to bullmastiffs. Thankyou

There are a few things that can cause a puppy to not be able to hold her pee like you have described.

She may have an ectopic ureter. I drew a picture to help explain what an ectopic ureter is:

ectopic ureter picture

The normal side is labelled as Kidney #1. The ureter is the tube that takes urine from the kidney to the bladder. Note how on the side of Kidney #1 the ureter empties into the bladder.

But, on Kidney #2, the ureter goes past the bladder and empties into the vagina. If this happens the vagina can't hold urine like the bladder can and so it empties out which results in a dog that leaks urine.

The way that a vet tests for an ectopic ureter is by doing an xray using medication that is injected that allows them to see urine pass from the kidneys, through the ureters and then see where it goes.

Some dogs with an ectopic ureter can be fixed with surgery.

It is also possible that she has a medical problem such as a urinary tract infection or crystals in her urine. Both of these cause inflammation that makes her feel like she has to pee all the time. Your vet can determine this with a urine test.

Laryngeal paralysis and vomiting. my dog gags and coughs when he eats and also eats mulch and grass and subsequently... (10096 views)

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (11240 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18977 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (10498 views)

Yellow diarrhea and runny eyes. i have a kitten that has diarreah yellowish in color. she acts like she has a hard... (7199 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18982 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5857 views)

Scabs on cat's back. For a couple of months now, I’ve noticed my cat has been trying to scratch her... (176474 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (26731 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5276 views)