Dog can't bark.

Breed: pembroke welsh corgi
I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds like she has been debarked but she hasnt been is it just an age thing?

Interesting question.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have a change in her voice or bark after a surgery, but this should only last for a few days. When this happens we usually blame it on irritation from the tube that was placed in her windpipe to give her her gas anesthetic.

We don't often see laryngitis in dogs. A change in bark can mean a few things:

• Some dogs will lose their bark because they have gone hoarse from constantly barking.

• Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis where the larynx doesn't open properly. This is not common in corgis though. It happens more in labs.

• A tumor on or near the larynx could do this.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Bladder stone surgery. I just returned from the vet where my dog still is. It was discovered through... (23704 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (11041 views)

Gagging dog. Last night, my dog was in his crate for bed, when I heard him gag for the first... (99885 views)

Vomiting Dog. I contacted you about Little White Dog on April 24. She had had an exploratory to... (20574 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (11196 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (21236 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (26055 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (100023 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (27672 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (13650 views)