Dog not well after fighting.

Breed: Boxer
My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was on the floor on his back and the other dog was on top holding on by his neck. Captain is 60 pounds and the other one maybe 160...huge labmix...
he was moaning and trying to get away. I did get the dog off. It was an "overexcitment fight"...they usually get along.

Small major wounds..scratches, small couple of bite punctures. I treated that. He was sore though. Mostly his hindlegs and the hip area.

Captain peed in 3 spots overnight and drank and peed excessively all day. He never goes inside.I am worried and just like to ask you before my vet visit. He is very sore.

Oh, poor Captain. It sounds like he is very sore.

I am concerned about the fact that he is drinking and urinating more than usual. Being sore should not cause these symptoms.

If he was shaken by the larger dog then there is the possibility for organ damage. If his kidneys or liver were damaged then this can cause an increase in thirst and urination.

Another thing that could cause kidney damage would be if he was given certain human pain medications such as Naproxen or too much Ibuprofen.

Can you tell if his gums are nice and pink? Sometimes it is hard with boxers because they can have black pigment on their gums. If they look like they are white or very pale pink then there is a possibility that he has internal bleeding. Bleeding into the abdomen or chest can cause a dog to feel very thirsty and drink extra water.

It really does sound like he needs to see the vet as soon as possible. It is possible that he will just need some antibiotics and pain medication, but again, the increase in thirst and urination really does have me concerned. If there is an organ problem or a bleeding problem then waiting overnight could be the difference between life and death.

I really hope he is ok!

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10962 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (10320 views)

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (5171 views)

Lump on ear flap. hello, what it is my dog ruby has this lump on the flap of her ear its soft feels... (8691 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7775 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32249 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (14025 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10432 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (23621 views)

Puppy died. My 7week old puppy died yesterday. She laid around all weekend and was not very... (9515 views)