Dog not well after fighting.

Breed: Boxer
My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was on the floor on his back and the other dog was on top holding on by his neck. Captain is 60 pounds and the other one maybe 160...huge labmix...
he was moaning and trying to get away. I did get the dog off. It was an "overexcitment fight"...they usually get along.

Small major wounds..scratches, small couple of bite punctures. I treated that. He was sore though. Mostly his hindlegs and the hip area.

Captain peed in 3 spots overnight and drank and peed excessively all day. He never goes inside.I am worried and just like to ask you before my vet visit. He is very sore.

Oh, poor Captain. It sounds like he is very sore.

I am concerned about the fact that he is drinking and urinating more than usual. Being sore should not cause these symptoms.

If he was shaken by the larger dog then there is the possibility for organ damage. If his kidneys or liver were damaged then this can cause an increase in thirst and urination.

Another thing that could cause kidney damage would be if he was given certain human pain medications such as Naproxen or too much Ibuprofen.

Can you tell if his gums are nice and pink? Sometimes it is hard with boxers because they can have black pigment on their gums. If they look like they are white or very pale pink then there is a possibility that he has internal bleeding. Bleeding into the abdomen or chest can cause a dog to feel very thirsty and drink extra water.

It really does sound like he needs to see the vet as soon as possible. It is possible that he will just need some antibiotics and pain medication, but again, the increase in thirst and urination really does have me concerned. If there is an organ problem or a bleeding problem then waiting overnight could be the difference between life and death.

I really hope he is ok!

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21388 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (12744 views)

Ultrasonic noise deterrents for cats? do devices that omit a 124db ultrasonic burst of sound work as a cat deterrent... (9242 views)

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15008 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (29944 views)

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (10080 views)

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (3448 views)

Should tumor be removed? Hello there. My dog has a hard lump on his hind leg, which is about the size of a... (5982 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9315 views)

Sedation for euthanasia? My cat was recently diagnosed with tumors in his lungs.He's no longer eating on his... (11529 views)