Dog not well after fighting.

Breed: Boxer
My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was on the floor on his back and the other dog was on top holding on by his neck. Captain is 60 pounds and the other one maybe 160...huge labmix...
he was moaning and trying to get away. I did get the dog off. It was an "overexcitment fight"...they usually get along.

Small major wounds..scratches, small couple of bite punctures. I treated that. He was sore though. Mostly his hindlegs and the hip area.

Captain peed in 3 spots overnight and drank and peed excessively all day. He never goes inside.I am worried and just like to ask you before my vet visit. He is very sore.

Oh, poor Captain. It sounds like he is very sore.

I am concerned about the fact that he is drinking and urinating more than usual. Being sore should not cause these symptoms.

If he was shaken by the larger dog then there is the possibility for organ damage. If his kidneys or liver were damaged then this can cause an increase in thirst and urination.

Another thing that could cause kidney damage would be if he was given certain human pain medications such as Naproxen or too much Ibuprofen.

Can you tell if his gums are nice and pink? Sometimes it is hard with boxers because they can have black pigment on their gums. If they look like they are white or very pale pink then there is a possibility that he has internal bleeding. Bleeding into the abdomen or chest can cause a dog to feel very thirsty and drink extra water.

It really does sound like he needs to see the vet as soon as possible. It is possible that he will just need some antibiotics and pain medication, but again, the increase in thirst and urination really does have me concerned. If there is an organ problem or a bleeding problem then waiting overnight could be the difference between life and death.

I really hope he is ok!

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (8640 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (10930 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (9909 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19115 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (30988 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8595 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15665 views)

Blood on penis. My son's 3 yr old dog is fixed but had sex with a female dog. Now he is bleeding... (16650 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (149233 views)

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (18210 views)