Dog not well after fighting.

Breed: Boxer
My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was on the floor on his back and the other dog was on top holding on by his neck. Captain is 60 pounds and the other one maybe 160...huge labmix...
he was moaning and trying to get away. I did get the dog off. It was an "overexcitment fight"...they usually get along.

Small major wounds..scratches, small couple of bite punctures. I treated that. He was sore though. Mostly his hindlegs and the hip area.

Captain peed in 3 spots overnight and drank and peed excessively all day. He never goes inside.I am worried and just like to ask you before my vet visit. He is very sore.

Oh, poor Captain. It sounds like he is very sore.

I am concerned about the fact that he is drinking and urinating more than usual. Being sore should not cause these symptoms.

If he was shaken by the larger dog then there is the possibility for organ damage. If his kidneys or liver were damaged then this can cause an increase in thirst and urination.

Another thing that could cause kidney damage would be if he was given certain human pain medications such as Naproxen or too much Ibuprofen.

Can you tell if his gums are nice and pink? Sometimes it is hard with boxers because they can have black pigment on their gums. If they look like they are white or very pale pink then there is a possibility that he has internal bleeding. Bleeding into the abdomen or chest can cause a dog to feel very thirsty and drink extra water.

It really does sound like he needs to see the vet as soon as possible. It is possible that he will just need some antibiotics and pain medication, but again, the increase in thirst and urination really does have me concerned. If there is an organ problem or a bleeding problem then waiting overnight could be the difference between life and death.

I really hope he is ok!

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (13011 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (6346 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (9872 views)

Red spot on dog's neck. I just noticed a red spot on my pug. I will try to attach a picture. It's on his... (14713 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (4341 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (11439 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (9522 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (10972 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (85223 views)

Vomiting diabetic cat. Hello Dr. We have a 17yr old male diabetic cat who throws up a nasty brown liquid... (30490 views)