Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (25772 views)

Can't put weight on his leg. my pit bull is shaking all over a refusing to put weight on his back leg what should... (28342 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (9570 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (13898 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (10492 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (11123 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (20695 views)

Older dog liver problems. We gave a 13 year old Maltese. He has had liver shunts and since he was 3 months we... (13089 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (68008 views)

Dog ate moldy corn. My 4 month old, 20 lb. standard poodle may have eaten very moldy creamed corn from a... (48949 views)