Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (15423 views)

Cause of death? Hi Dr. Marie, I\'m sorry that I can\'t afford to pay for an answer, but your... (6833 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (14403 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (43757 views)

Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Before this year he... (12495 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (9360 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (8236 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (29284 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (13625 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (22308 views)