Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Black spot on toe. Hello. I was cutting my puppies toe nail today and noticed a new black spot on her... (6851 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (20546 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (6486 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (9873 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (20881 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (9559 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4054 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (4539 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7098 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (7607 views)