Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (25164 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8407 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (6748 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (5029 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (11903 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (4819 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12958 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (13928 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (5141 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (16280 views)