Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20650 views)

Cut cat's skin while grooming. Help Dr. Marie! While cutting away a clump of matted hair from behind my kitty's... (29181 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (8823 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9933 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (5620 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (38689 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10178 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (18352 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (107608 views)

Peeing outside of box. My cat is spayed female,indoor/outdoor as she wishes. She will defecate in litter... (6876 views)