Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (14998 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (11987 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (11850 views)

7 week old puppies have fleas. my puppy is getting eatin alive by fleas he is only 7 weeks old and is a very tiny... (12102 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (16156 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (15226 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (10986 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (13447 views)

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (18506 views)

Why did my cat die? my cat was fine one day and the next he stopped everything he only walked when... (12486 views)