Dog ate soap.

Breed: Golden Retriever
My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. He seems fine.

I have seen a number of dogs that really like eating soap. I have no idea why!

There is nothing toxic for dogs in soap. Many dogs can get some mild stomach or intestinal upset after eating soap, so you may see some vomiting or diarrhea.

If a big chunk of soap broke off there is a small possibility that it could cause an intestinal obstruction, but this would be pretty unlikely.

I would advise to keep an eye on him for now. If he vomits or has diarrhea once or twice I'm not too worried. But, if over the next few days he doesn't want to eat or he is really lethargic or if he continues to vomit beyond 24 hours then he really should see his vet.

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (4374 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (4186 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (7155 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (5733 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (5871 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (6139 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (6094 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (14140 views)

Thin after back injury. A friend found a dog years ago on the side of the road with an broken back. Break... (9393 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (55259 views)