Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (5723 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (27332 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (9760 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (16625 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (16330 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (10865 views)

Side effects of Trilostane. Buddy was diagnosed with Cushings Disease about 5 weeks ago. He had extensive blood... (11660 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (18930 views)

Unable to walk. We put the dog outside this morning and then went out to bring him back in and found... (59460 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (10887 views)