Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (7398 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (8561 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (9996 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (6870 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (5145 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (46329 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (13673 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (4614 views)

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (5329 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (25162 views)