Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (11765 views)

Cat has scabs and dry skin. Any home treatment for scabs/dry skin for cats on their head, chin, and neck? I put... (13643 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (31135 views)

Dog ate acorn Dear Dr. Marie: Back again! While on a walk tonight, Jammy may have gotten a bit... (103151 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (19839 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7227 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (19210 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (13168 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (13704 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (27703 views)