Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (10480 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (13013 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (52820 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (32508 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (43128 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (5361 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6180 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (27335 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (26676 views)

Aggressive cat My cat is having some behavioral issues. When I got her as a kitten she always came... (7994 views)