Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (8113 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (7030 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (7431 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (5761 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (10538 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (3618 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (6196 views)

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (13046 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (5216 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (11655 views)