Pregnant if bred when bleeding?

Breed: Golden Retriever
I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with another golden retriever. She started her heat cycle on May 12, she tied with the male on May 21st. She is still bleeding, the blood is not a bright red color. My question is can she still get pregnant while still bleeding?

Dogs are actually not like people. In people, when we are bleeding is when we are the least fertile. But, for dogs, this is actually when they are fertile.

For most dogs, the most fertile point is about 11-14 days after they have started their heat cycle. So, if your dog started her heat on May 12 (being day 1), that would make the breeding day of May 21st day 10. I would guess that she likely will get pregnant.

The other thing is that most females will not allow breeding until they are actually fertile. So, if she willingly allowed mating then this is another sign that she likely will get pregnant.

Hope all goes well!

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (19767 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (19001 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (20517 views)

Missing hamster teeth. My hamster completely lost her bottom teeth and i dont know what to do. i searched... (14090 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (45406 views)

Dog ate absorbent chicken pad. My dog just ate one of those absorbent pads from a chicken meat tray......would this... (74474 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (22648 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (49058 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (22002 views)

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15726 views)