Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (21748 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5004 views)

Eye and ear infections. My dog was diagnosed with diabetes a few months ago. We are giving her Humulin N. ... (12915 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (19525 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (35405 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (19884 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (59072 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (65580 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (158083 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7552 views)