Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Rodent ulcer treatment options. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (10071 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (4563 views)

Kennel cough not getting better. Hello, My English bulldog puppy has been diagnosed with Kennel cough. He has had... (8909 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (4770 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (9072 views)

Do dogs get gonorrhea? Hi Dr. Marie, I just got diagnosed with gonorrhea, which is devastating to me. I... (30488 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (4834 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (9857 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (19000 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (5641 views)