Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (31937 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (23075 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (12101 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (64294 views)

Cushing's and diabetes. My dog was diagnosed last month with cushings disease and diabetes. He's up to 14... (20429 views)

Using elastic to remove lump. Rusty was diagnose with "cancer" after giving birth 4 years ago. It was recommended... (9898 views)

Thin older cat. Dr. Marie, My cat is very thin although he eats every 1/2 hour, he has also... (14780 views)

Should I withhold water? My zoe has just beem dignosed with diabetes we just brought her home today and we r... (13038 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (7967 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (11456 views)