Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Kidney disease in a cat. First of all I am asking you because I am under extreme financial constraints right... (21293 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (9404 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (9116 views)

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (6218 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (7352 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (17502 views)

Trouble with back legs. I have a 11 yr old, inside only cat, that is a little over weight approx. 15lbs.... (31228 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (29875 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (18446 views)

Kitten with large belly. Ted is a name we have given to a stray cat that has been coming to our house for the... (9493 views)