Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (15882 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (38419 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie. We just got a puppy and she has some diarrhea. We got her on Saturday... (30513 views)

Cat has lump on neck. hi dr marie my cat abby has been bitten or posioned on her neck first it was a big... (15415 views)

Itchy coat. my dog itches and her coat seems to be popped up at various places, have cheched... (8892 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (22436 views)

Dog eats cat poop. I've caught my dog eating out of our kitten's litter box twice in the past two days.... (17408 views)

Popcorn in dog's stool? My dog had something that looked like a popped popcorn kernel at the end of his... (19430 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (10500 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (249522 views)