Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Increased thirst and urination. Hi Dr. Marie, This question concerns crystals in urine. Starting about 1 week... (4098 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (18834 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (7206 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (24781 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (13317 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11069 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (6530 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (27609 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (16617 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (4647 views)