Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (7000 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6692 views)

Not eating and very weak. Our dog has been quite sick for a bit over a week now. We live on a small island in... (57305 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6893 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (12661 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma questions. Hello Dr. Marie, What is the typical procedure to removal meibomian gland... (15942 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11701 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (17399 views)

Is my cat in heat? i have a female cat who is 1 1/2 years old she isn't spayed and has gone in heat... (9964 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (15305 views)