Dog is shaking

Breed: Minature Pincher
I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of appettite, shakes, and less cheerful. What do I need to do? I feed her by hand and give her water, but won't eat on her own.

Sorry to hear that Ce Ce is having problems. This will be a tough question to answer without being able to see her.

There are a number of things that can cause these symptoms. Some animals will be shaky and not want to eat because of pain. It is possible that she has some back pain. If this is the case, if she is not better in 24-48 hours (or if you feel she is really uncomfortable) then she will need to see a vet for pain medication. There is no over the counter medicine that I would consider safe to give her.

Anything that causes stomach or intestinal upset such as pancreatitis, gastritis, etc. can cause these symptoms as well. If she has upset stomach because of eating something she shouldn't have then the symptoms should pass in 24 hours.

But, if the symptoms continue then she really should see the vet.

If you are having trouble with finding the money for a vet visit, you may be able to find help here:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (21169 views)

Recurrent bladder infection. I have a four month old pug puppy that has had symptoms of UTI since 4/8/13. She is... (13466 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (8179 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (147022 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (6632 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (7773 views)

Bleeding and then death. What would make a dog bleed soliva, loose muskle control, keep it from eating,... (15544 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (23036 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (38965 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (17324 views)