Dog ate chicken bones.

Breed: American Golden
PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What should I do? I can't bear to loose him. I feel so hopeless knowing that I have not enough money to bring him to the vet... What can I do?"

This is urgent I just do not have the money... I am so scared I don't know what to do... I am crying please help me!

Fortunately most of the time chicken bones are digested easily by a dog. If I have a patient who has eaten chicken bones I usually recommend bulking up his stools by adding some fiber (i.e. bran) to the next few meals. This will help the bones pass through. Quite often, most of the bones get digested in the stomach.

There is possible a risk for inflammation in the intestines, or if there is a sharp end to a bone, perforation of an intestine. But, the risk is small.

Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • Vomiting

• diarrhea

• obvious abdominal pain

• black tarry stools or blood in the stool

• lethargy

If you're seeing any of these, then a vet visit is a good idea!

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (8265 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (7278 views)

Lab has a lump on his muzzle. We took our 2 1/2 year old female lab to Bradshaw Vet for a lump on her muzzle. I... (12024 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (6709 views)

Vet is pushing veterinary foods. I have a new to me vet who is insistent on my giving my cats 'veterinary' food. My... (6994 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (43616 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (14915 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (11460 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11422 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (13267 views)