Dog ate chicken bones.

Breed: American Golden
PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What should I do? I can't bear to loose him. I feel so hopeless knowing that I have not enough money to bring him to the vet... What can I do?"

This is urgent I just do not have the money... I am so scared I don't know what to do... I am crying please help me!

Fortunately most of the time chicken bones are digested easily by a dog. If I have a patient who has eaten chicken bones I usually recommend bulking up his stools by adding some fiber (i.e. bran) to the next few meals. This will help the bones pass through. Quite often, most of the bones get digested in the stomach.

There is possible a risk for inflammation in the intestines, or if there is a sharp end to a bone, perforation of an intestine. But, the risk is small.

Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • Vomiting

• diarrhea

• obvious abdominal pain

• black tarry stools or blood in the stool

• lethargy

If you're seeing any of these, then a vet visit is a good idea!

Sensitive tail and belly. My cat was spayed almost 5 months ago, and I've noticed since then, that she does... (6309 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (46625 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (8575 views)

Heat symptoms pregnant cat. My cat is pregnant but still acting like she's in season, this has been going on now... (7834 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (23692 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (12842 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (24552 views)

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (60331 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (15375 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (9515 views)