Dog ate chicken bones.

Breed: American Golden
PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What should I do? I can't bear to loose him. I feel so hopeless knowing that I have not enough money to bring him to the vet... What can I do?"

This is urgent I just do not have the money... I am so scared I don't know what to do... I am crying please help me!

Fortunately most of the time chicken bones are digested easily by a dog. If I have a patient who has eaten chicken bones I usually recommend bulking up his stools by adding some fiber (i.e. bran) to the next few meals. This will help the bones pass through. Quite often, most of the bones get digested in the stomach.

There is possible a risk for inflammation in the intestines, or if there is a sharp end to a bone, perforation of an intestine. But, the risk is small.

Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • Vomiting

• diarrhea

• obvious abdominal pain

• black tarry stools or blood in the stool

• lethargy

If you're seeing any of these, then a vet visit is a good idea!

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (6320 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (4734 views)

Can dogs eat carrots? hi i have a rabbit and a dog. the dog is a shoodle cross between shitzu and a... (12005 views)

What is a CG8 blood test? Hi, my vet wants to do blood tests to see how Frankie is doing, he seems to have... (4652 views)

Wobbly lab. Hello - About 4 weeks ago, Koda started acting very stiff around his neck so we... (11697 views)

Exercise after a spay? Kallie got spayed last Tuesday (July 3). She still has her stitches. We have been... (4349 views)

Coughin Min Pin. My dog throws up yellow bile, in the mornings, every other month or so. Her stomach... (9217 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (34729 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (16461 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (18241 views)