Dog ate chicken bones.

Breed: American Golden
PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What should I do? I can't bear to loose him. I feel so hopeless knowing that I have not enough money to bring him to the vet... What can I do?"

This is urgent I just do not have the money... I am so scared I don't know what to do... I am crying please help me!

Fortunately most of the time chicken bones are digested easily by a dog. If I have a patient who has eaten chicken bones I usually recommend bulking up his stools by adding some fiber (i.e. bran) to the next few meals. This will help the bones pass through. Quite often, most of the bones get digested in the stomach.

There is possible a risk for inflammation in the intestines, or if there is a sharp end to a bone, perforation of an intestine. But, the risk is small.

Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • Vomiting

• diarrhea

• obvious abdominal pain

• black tarry stools or blood in the stool

• lethargy

If you're seeing any of these, then a vet visit is a good idea!

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (19309 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (7979 views)

Ear mites? My cat has been scratching at it's ear and itching it. I think he has ear mites. I... (9305 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (9610 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16940 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4446 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (8558 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11116 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (5800 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18593 views)