Dog ate chicken bones.

Breed: American Golden
PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What should I do? I can't bear to loose him. I feel so hopeless knowing that I have not enough money to bring him to the vet... What can I do?"

This is urgent I just do not have the money... I am so scared I don't know what to do... I am crying please help me!

Fortunately most of the time chicken bones are digested easily by a dog. If I have a patient who has eaten chicken bones I usually recommend bulking up his stools by adding some fiber (i.e. bran) to the next few meals. This will help the bones pass through. Quite often, most of the bones get digested in the stomach.

There is possible a risk for inflammation in the intestines, or if there is a sharp end to a bone, perforation of an intestine. But, the risk is small.

Keep an eye out for the following symptoms:
  • Vomiting

• diarrhea

• obvious abdominal pain

• black tarry stools or blood in the stool

• lethargy

If you're seeing any of these, then a vet visit is a good idea!

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (6496 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (11583 views)

Sheltie is afraid of people. I have a one year old female Sheltie. she is very nervous around people. She was... (12629 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (9036 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (9111 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (9059 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (7170 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (12316 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (8000 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (8575 views)