Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (33352 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (9533 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (17833 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (15660 views)

Bump on dog's neck. Hello, I found a small, pink, raised bump on my dog's neck this morning. It is... (123637 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (13279 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (5708 views)

vet question Hi Dr. Marie. My name is Kim. I'm from Sydney, Australia. My dog, Lassie is going on... (9852 views)

Spinning on bum. my 8yr old female jack russell sits down and puts her head in the air and spins... (47462 views)

Can a dog transmit Hep C? Recently my nephew was bitten by a k-9 dog in a mistaken identity situation. My... (20104 views)