Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (28368 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (10809 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (8647 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (15981 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (12053 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (7351 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (8705 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (4668 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (33780 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (3831 views)