Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5467 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (7377 views)

Trembling chihuahua. SHE HAS BEEN TREMBLING FOR 2 DAYS AND HAS NOT EATEN FOR FOR 2 DAYS. OTHERWISE SHE... (9285 views)

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (63926 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (14561 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (7058 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6898 views)

Yellow fluid from nose. Dr. Marie, My male pug, aged 10, stuck with a piece of apple last night (29/1), I... (6115 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (9628 views)

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (16992 views)