Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (13031 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (6833 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (8564 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (8938 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (7001 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (17375 views)

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (27495 views)

Dog ate vitamin D Dog just ate two 5,000 iu Vitamin D capsules. Anything I need to worry about/watch... (78716 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (40188 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (5846 views)