Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Immune mediated disease. Our dog was taken to the vet on July 3rd after 2 days of lethargy and falling over... (19723 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (24036 views)

Is Frontline working for fleas? I live in Iowa and rescued a black Pug from a family in July. The previous owner... (21297 views)

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (141182 views)

Red lesion on whippet's leg. Hi there. My whippet gets a little crazy sometimes running in the backyard. I... (9549 views)

Painful dog. I have a small dog, under 20 pounds, that I rescued off the street in Mexico. I'm... (11916 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (18607 views)

Not eating, blood tests normal. Hello, Dr. Marie. I'm actually asking this question for my parents about their cat,... (27898 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (12664 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (23042 views)