Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (6566 views)

Puppy has had diarrhea 5 days. Oliver has had diarrhea on and off for about 5 days. He is acting normally... (54096 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (26123 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (3593 views)

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (3668 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (14409 views)

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (8293 views)

Pigmented spot on belly. Dr, Recall my 9 week old golden named Max... I noticed something today on his... (10800 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (23373 views)

Cat is really hungry. Maya has feline asthma and has been on inhaled corticosteroids for a year... (12678 views)