Is Raid toxic to cats?

Breed: Tonkinese
My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months I will be moving in with him with my cat. Is Raid harmful to cats once it has dried? If my cat were to eat a bug that had been killed with Raid, would he get sick? I would appreciate any advice you could provide me with. Thank you for your time.

Thanks for an interesting question.

Some types of Raid contain an ingredient called pyrethrin. Pyrethrins can be toxic to cats.

However, pyrethrins are not toxic to cats if they are used in extremely low levels. And, Raid uses these chemicals in very low levels.

I did some research for you and could not find any cases of cats being poisoned because of someone spraying Raid or because of eating an insect that had een killed with Raid.

I don't anticipate any problems!

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (17097 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (9201 views)

Patellar luxation surgery for pomeranian? Hi, How necessary is it to have surgery on a 2 year old Pomeranian's back legs to... (5965 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (672121 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (11282 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (6545 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17074 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (15475 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (31725 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (14082 views)