Puppy won't eat or drink.

Breed: Chihuahua
My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink anything even though I try to give it to her myself. Also her hind legs are week, and she kind of stumbles when she walks. I think she is just sad because the other dogs we had are gone and she has no one to play with. Can you tell me what I can do to make her feel a lot better and go back to acting normal?

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. While a puppy can be a little sad because of losing a playmate they would not be this sick. Any time a puppy doesn't want to eat there is usually something wrong.

There are a number of things that can cause a puppy to not eat or drink and to stumble when walking. It may be that she is fighting a virus. A serious virus like parvovirus usually causes vomiting and diarrhea but sometimes early in the virus we don't see it for the first few days.

It's also possible that there is an infection somewhere. It could be because of a bite from another pup. If there is an infection she will need oral antibiotics to clear it up.

I would highly advise a vet visit. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration.

If you can't get to a vet tonight you can try offering her an electrolyte solution to help fight against dehydration. To get her to eat you can also try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned puppy food. However, she should see the vet as soon as possible.

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (8318 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (10328 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (18291 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (11510 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (7069 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (14332 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (7476 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (44338 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (5353 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (12688 views)