Puppy won't eat or drink.

Breed: Chihuahua
My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink anything even though I try to give it to her myself. Also her hind legs are week, and she kind of stumbles when she walks. I think she is just sad because the other dogs we had are gone and she has no one to play with. Can you tell me what I can do to make her feel a lot better and go back to acting normal?

The symptoms you have described have me concerned. While a puppy can be a little sad because of losing a playmate they would not be this sick. Any time a puppy doesn't want to eat there is usually something wrong.

There are a number of things that can cause a puppy to not eat or drink and to stumble when walking. It may be that she is fighting a virus. A serious virus like parvovirus usually causes vomiting and diarrhea but sometimes early in the virus we don't see it for the first few days.

It's also possible that there is an infection somewhere. It could be because of a bite from another pup. If there is an infection she will need oral antibiotics to clear it up.

I would highly advise a vet visit. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration.

If you can't get to a vet tonight you can try offering her an electrolyte solution to help fight against dehydration. To get her to eat you can also try making some soup by adding warm water to some canned puppy food. However, she should see the vet as soon as possible.

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (15724 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (23224 views)

Dog is limping after back surgery. Chloe is 9yrs of age. She has been lame in her left hind leg for the past 3 yrs but... (9847 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (12177 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (32570 views)

Cat suddenly bites or scratches. Hi there....i have a beautiful BIG moggy who is a 'lovecat' - very affectionate -... (16941 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (9386 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (43807 views)

Diarrhea and lump on face. My dog is a female Husky, 12 years old, 45 pounds. She had severe diarrhea... (11210 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (13617 views)