Peeing in the house.

Breed: house cat
I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions( which will be explained in the question ).

We have a few cats. The youngest being 6 yrs old, the oldest will be 14 in April. 2 of our cats, literally, are peeing EVERYWHERE. Following is advice from numerous vets, all to NO avail:

1. More litter boxes - done we have 5 that are cleaned 2x a day and 3x a day on the weekend

2. Move the boxes to a different location - done about 5 times a week

3. taken to vet for examination and possible prescription - done about 4 times for each cat. while on the prescription there is no pee, however, first day off, pee everywhere. Not one of the vets suggested either cat would need to permenantly be on the prescription ; they ALL said a week's worth should solve the problem.

4. Crating - pee the INSTANT they are let out of their crates. Now, they are not completely crated all day, they are let out in a room when we come home from work - they instantly pee on the floor with freshly cleaned litter boxes right there

5. Diet change - we have literally tried EVERY cat food available in Canada

6. Pay more attention to the cats - our cats are our lives, there is nothing more important to us than our guys. We shower them with love, attention and play with them EVERYDAY without fail.

We are at the point that we just want to throw them outside and let nature take it's course. Not ONE vet ( nor the animal rescue league ) in our city will let us euthanize them - they all say constant peeing is not justification to put them down.

THey have destroyed EVERYTHING we own : couches and chairs, TV's, computers, a $3000 DSLR camera and a $2000 lens, every article of clothing they can get at, our CARS on trips to the vet, hardwood floors having to be replaced TWICE after TWICE replacing carpet... I can go on for hours.

Total damage is ( this is not a joke number either ) over $20,000 worth of stuff that has had to be thrown out over the course of 5 years.

PLEASE HELP US!! We don't want to just abandon them somewhere but we are really at the point that it is our home or them.

My question: What can we do besides just throwing them outside?

I feel for you...this is a tough situation. This is a question that requires a very detailed back and forth answer which unfortunately is not allowed with the free questions. (I wish I could, but I get thousands of questions per month, and there is only so much typing I can do!)

You may get some help reading the article I wrote on inappropriate urination. But it does sound like you have tried most of these things.

If you'd like to respond we can see if we can brainstorm a few other things you can do.

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8745 views)

Dog urinates while walking Recently, I have noticed that my dog will walk along urinating. It seems to me that... (36132 views)

Puppy has a small eye. my puppy has an eye defect it is smaller than the other and seems to be lazy it is... (22733 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (6302 views)

Cat with sore penis. I have a neutered male cat 5 years old. 4 months ago he was really sick, we took him... (20977 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (8262 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (12283 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (8550 views)

Pink bumps on dog. My dog has two small bumps on top of his head. I took a picture, but I don't see a... (38566 views)

Black dots in dog's ear. We recently realised there are black sesame seed like black dots in one of my dog's... (12546 views)