Peeing in the house.

Breed: house cat
I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions( which will be explained in the question ).

We have a few cats. The youngest being 6 yrs old, the oldest will be 14 in April. 2 of our cats, literally, are peeing EVERYWHERE. Following is advice from numerous vets, all to NO avail:

1. More litter boxes - done we have 5 that are cleaned 2x a day and 3x a day on the weekend

2. Move the boxes to a different location - done about 5 times a week

3. taken to vet for examination and possible prescription - done about 4 times for each cat. while on the prescription there is no pee, however, first day off, pee everywhere. Not one of the vets suggested either cat would need to permenantly be on the prescription ; they ALL said a week's worth should solve the problem.

4. Crating - pee the INSTANT they are let out of their crates. Now, they are not completely crated all day, they are let out in a room when we come home from work - they instantly pee on the floor with freshly cleaned litter boxes right there

5. Diet change - we have literally tried EVERY cat food available in Canada

6. Pay more attention to the cats - our cats are our lives, there is nothing more important to us than our guys. We shower them with love, attention and play with them EVERYDAY without fail.

We are at the point that we just want to throw them outside and let nature take it's course. Not ONE vet ( nor the animal rescue league ) in our city will let us euthanize them - they all say constant peeing is not justification to put them down.

THey have destroyed EVERYTHING we own : couches and chairs, TV's, computers, a $3000 DSLR camera and a $2000 lens, every article of clothing they can get at, our CARS on trips to the vet, hardwood floors having to be replaced TWICE after TWICE replacing carpet... I can go on for hours.

Total damage is ( this is not a joke number either ) over $20,000 worth of stuff that has had to be thrown out over the course of 5 years.

PLEASE HELP US!! We don't want to just abandon them somewhere but we are really at the point that it is our home or them.

My question: What can we do besides just throwing them outside?

I feel for you...this is a tough situation. This is a question that requires a very detailed back and forth answer which unfortunately is not allowed with the free questions. (I wish I could, but I get thousands of questions per month, and there is only so much typing I can do!)

You may get some help reading the article I wrote on inappropriate urination. But it does sound like you have tried most of these things.

If you'd like to respond we can see if we can brainstorm a few other things you can do.

Cat ate A&D cream. Four days ago Salem licked some A&D cream. I called poison control and they there... (20956 views)

Older cat coughing. My cat is heaving like she has a hairball, but nothing is coming up. She is still... (18088 views)

Feral cat with eye infection. We have a feral cat that was born in our yard 5 years ago. When he was a kitten he... (27186 views)

Meibomian gland adenoma. Tessa has a little black growth on her eyelid. My vet has said it's a tumor and... (15133 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (7367 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (16550 views)

Hole on puppy's head. My german shepherd gave birth to 9 puppies on June 19, however 1 pup came out with a... (15618 views)

Morning after pill for dogs? Is there a "morning after pill" for dogs? ... (28700 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (17938 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (6653 views)