Peeing in the house.

Breed: house cat
I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions( which will be explained in the question ).

We have a few cats. The youngest being 6 yrs old, the oldest will be 14 in April. 2 of our cats, literally, are peeing EVERYWHERE. Following is advice from numerous vets, all to NO avail:

1. More litter boxes - done we have 5 that are cleaned 2x a day and 3x a day on the weekend

2. Move the boxes to a different location - done about 5 times a week

3. taken to vet for examination and possible prescription - done about 4 times for each cat. while on the prescription there is no pee, however, first day off, pee everywhere. Not one of the vets suggested either cat would need to permenantly be on the prescription ; they ALL said a week's worth should solve the problem.

4. Crating - pee the INSTANT they are let out of their crates. Now, they are not completely crated all day, they are let out in a room when we come home from work - they instantly pee on the floor with freshly cleaned litter boxes right there

5. Diet change - we have literally tried EVERY cat food available in Canada

6. Pay more attention to the cats - our cats are our lives, there is nothing more important to us than our guys. We shower them with love, attention and play with them EVERYDAY without fail.

We are at the point that we just want to throw them outside and let nature take it's course. Not ONE vet ( nor the animal rescue league ) in our city will let us euthanize them - they all say constant peeing is not justification to put them down.

THey have destroyed EVERYTHING we own : couches and chairs, TV's, computers, a $3000 DSLR camera and a $2000 lens, every article of clothing they can get at, our CARS on trips to the vet, hardwood floors having to be replaced TWICE after TWICE replacing carpet... I can go on for hours.

Total damage is ( this is not a joke number either ) over $20,000 worth of stuff that has had to be thrown out over the course of 5 years.

PLEASE HELP US!! We don't want to just abandon them somewhere but we are really at the point that it is our home or them.

My question: What can we do besides just throwing them outside?

I feel for you...this is a tough situation. This is a question that requires a very detailed back and forth answer which unfortunately is not allowed with the free questions. (I wish I could, but I get thousands of questions per month, and there is only so much typing I can do!)

You may get some help reading the article I wrote on inappropriate urination. But it does sound like you have tried most of these things.

If you'd like to respond we can see if we can brainstorm a few other things you can do.

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (43625 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (18533 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (15555 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (10138 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (10589 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (8746 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (8438 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (73467 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (21363 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (24690 views)