Peeing in the house.

Breed: house cat
I would like a REAL solution to this, without the standard answers or suggestions( which will be explained in the question ).

We have a few cats. The youngest being 6 yrs old, the oldest will be 14 in April. 2 of our cats, literally, are peeing EVERYWHERE. Following is advice from numerous vets, all to NO avail:

1. More litter boxes - done we have 5 that are cleaned 2x a day and 3x a day on the weekend

2. Move the boxes to a different location - done about 5 times a week

3. taken to vet for examination and possible prescription - done about 4 times for each cat. while on the prescription there is no pee, however, first day off, pee everywhere. Not one of the vets suggested either cat would need to permenantly be on the prescription ; they ALL said a week's worth should solve the problem.

4. Crating - pee the INSTANT they are let out of their crates. Now, they are not completely crated all day, they are let out in a room when we come home from work - they instantly pee on the floor with freshly cleaned litter boxes right there

5. Diet change - we have literally tried EVERY cat food available in Canada

6. Pay more attention to the cats - our cats are our lives, there is nothing more important to us than our guys. We shower them with love, attention and play with them EVERYDAY without fail.

We are at the point that we just want to throw them outside and let nature take it's course. Not ONE vet ( nor the animal rescue league ) in our city will let us euthanize them - they all say constant peeing is not justification to put them down.

THey have destroyed EVERYTHING we own : couches and chairs, TV's, computers, a $3000 DSLR camera and a $2000 lens, every article of clothing they can get at, our CARS on trips to the vet, hardwood floors having to be replaced TWICE after TWICE replacing carpet... I can go on for hours.

Total damage is ( this is not a joke number either ) over $20,000 worth of stuff that has had to be thrown out over the course of 5 years.

PLEASE HELP US!! We don't want to just abandon them somewhere but we are really at the point that it is our home or them.

My question: What can we do besides just throwing them outside?

I feel for you...this is a tough situation. This is a question that requires a very detailed back and forth answer which unfortunately is not allowed with the free questions. (I wish I could, but I get thousands of questions per month, and there is only so much typing I can do!)

You may get some help reading the article I wrote on inappropriate urination. But it does sound like you have tried most of these things.

If you'd like to respond we can see if we can brainstorm a few other things you can do.

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7691 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (10682 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (148315 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (18063 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7173 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (15560 views)

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (13059 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (26670 views)

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (22498 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (10633 views)