Hamster hair loss.

Breed: syrian hamster
Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes seem swollen shut for quite a while when he wakes up. He does not seem unwell as he eats and goes in his ballas normal but when this happend I feel he seems slower.

Sorry to hear that Nutmeg is not doing well.

Often when I see a hamster who won't open his eyes it is a sign that he is not feeling well.

There are a few things that can cause hair loss in hamsters. One is a parasite called demodex. Another is a condition called cushing's disease. I recently wrote an article about cushing's in hamsters which you can read here:

http://www.askavetquestion.com/hamster_cushings.php

Hamsters can also get ringworm which is a fungal infection.

If you can swing it, it really would be a good idea to have your vet take a look to see if there is anything that can be done.

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4334 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (17698 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18417 views)

Liver disease in a cat. Ruby is 8 years old, and was diagnosed with liver disease last Thursday. I could... (14306 views)

Hamster with cushing's disease hi a am mina. i have 10 hamester. Unfortunately "blaki" (my Hamster) Maybe have... (9106 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (18321 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (5703 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (8820 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (30702 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (9478 views)