Rapid breathing in sleep.

Breed: Shih tzu poodle mix
My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out of breathe. What is this and should I be concerned?

It is very unlikely that this is anything to worry about. I often get people asking me whether they should be concerned because their puppy breathes very rapidly when sleeping.

It is actually quite normal for puppies to breathe quickly in their sleep.

I would only be concerned if you were seeing any of the following:
-excessive coughing
-extreme lethargy when awake
-lack of appetite
-Dog is open mouth breathing (i.e. panting a lot when awake)

If you see any of those symptoms, then it is a good idea to have your vet examine her.

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (9428 views)

Is celery safe for rabbits? is it okey to feed my rabbits celery? i did research on what veggies to feed my... (9619 views)

Wounds by anus. hello, i have a boxer and it is the third time that he has some kind of wound inside... (18573 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (15201 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8926 views)

Dog has teeth stuck in her cheek. i noticed my dogs mouth was bleeding a little bit while we were playing so i opened... (11079 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12186 views)

Arthritis in a Newfie. My ten year old Newfie mix is eating less and seems very stiff and sometimes... (9886 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. My 12 pound maltese ate two fun sized baby ruths, a fun sized butterfinger, and one... (17208 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (7216 views)