Rapid breathing in sleep.

Breed: Shih tzu poodle mix
My 8 week old puppy breathes very rapidly whenever she falls asleep like she is out of breathe. What is this and should I be concerned?

It is very unlikely that this is anything to worry about. I often get people asking me whether they should be concerned because their puppy breathes very rapidly when sleeping.

It is actually quite normal for puppies to breathe quickly in their sleep.

I would only be concerned if you were seeing any of the following:
-excessive coughing
-extreme lethargy when awake
-lack of appetite
-Dog is open mouth breathing (i.e. panting a lot when awake)

If you see any of those symptoms, then it is a good idea to have your vet examine her.

What foods to give cats? Yesterday I adopted two male cats. I am unsure what to feed them. Their foster mum... (9044 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (15748 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (10183 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (14219 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (6459 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (13677 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (12794 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (6437 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11866 views)

Swollen lip My cat gets frequent and sudden swelling on her face (her bottom lip usually but... (15692 views)