Itchy hamster.

Breed: hamster
What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what if it is hyper and quick and energetic? Is that bad? One more thing...how often do hamsters get sick?

Hi Ivna! Hamsters often do groom themselves frequently. However, if you have noticed that your hamster is suddenly licking and scratching more than usual then there may be something going on.

Hamsters can get some parasites such as mites (demodex and sarcoptic mange), or ringworm which is a fungal infection. All of these conditions should cause some skin lesions or hair loss. If you think she may have one of these conditions then a vet visit is a good idea.

An energentic hamster is a good thing!

Hmm...how often do hamsters get sick? Well, usually I only see sick hamsters if they are old and dying. Hamsters do not handle illness well and when they do get sick they often don't survive (but that is not always the case!).

Hope princess is ok!

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (6624 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (13109 views)

Limping cat with heart problems. Hudson is a 10 year old indoor house cat. He originally came from a garbage dump in... (13656 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (525651 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (11826 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (11729 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (18782 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (29753 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (6658 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (6725 views)