Itchy hamster.

Breed: hamster
What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what if it is hyper and quick and energetic? Is that bad? One more thing...how often do hamsters get sick?

Hi Ivna! Hamsters often do groom themselves frequently. However, if you have noticed that your hamster is suddenly licking and scratching more than usual then there may be something going on.

Hamsters can get some parasites such as mites (demodex and sarcoptic mange), or ringworm which is a fungal infection. All of these conditions should cause some skin lesions or hair loss. If you think she may have one of these conditions then a vet visit is a good idea.

An energentic hamster is a good thing!

Hmm...how often do hamsters get sick? Well, usually I only see sick hamsters if they are old and dying. Hamsters do not handle illness well and when they do get sick they often don't survive (but that is not always the case!).

Hope princess is ok!

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (42769 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (10404 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (11251 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (9886 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (25592 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (12577 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (9023 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (15052 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10707 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (15282 views)