Blood at end of urine stream.

Breed: Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu
My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central America and the Vets here do not have the technology to determine the cause. Any suggestions would be helpful. She is still playful and eats regularly. The blood only shows up at the end of her stream or when she is trying to mark her territory. She is not in any pain.

Thank you,

Selma

Sorry to hear that Tiki is having this problem! This will be a tough one to solve if tests are not available to you.

My first concern with her symptoms would be that she may have a bladder stone. Does your vet have any capability to take xrays? If so, this would be how we would determine if there is a stone there.

Some types of bladder stones can be dissolved by feeding a special type of prescription food. However, many need surgery in order to be cured.

Another possible reason is a urinary tract infection. Has she been on a course of antibiotics? Most infections are treated quite easily with a 2 week course of antibiotics. However, sometimes we will have a resistant strain of bacteria. If this were my case I would be sending a urine sample to the lab to determine if I needed a special type of antibiotic in order to clear this up.

I wish I could help more! I hope she does ok! Dr. Marie.

Cat can't meow. This morning my 9-yr old female indoor cat, Ally, can't meow (she's always very... (121701 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (6811 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (9408 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (46229 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (17663 views)

Jack Russel skin problems. My Jack Russel has bad skin. Every now and again she gets really itchy and has bald... (15313 views)

Golden Retriever puppy diarrhea. Dr, All of a sudden last Sunday my 8 week old male Golden had two large stools... (18052 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (25188 views)

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (9516 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (14126 views)