Blood at end of urine stream.

Breed: Lhasa Apso/Shih Tzu
My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central America and the Vets here do not have the technology to determine the cause. Any suggestions would be helpful. She is still playful and eats regularly. The blood only shows up at the end of her stream or when she is trying to mark her territory. She is not in any pain.

Thank you,

Selma

Sorry to hear that Tiki is having this problem! This will be a tough one to solve if tests are not available to you.

My first concern with her symptoms would be that she may have a bladder stone. Does your vet have any capability to take xrays? If so, this would be how we would determine if there is a stone there.

Some types of bladder stones can be dissolved by feeding a special type of prescription food. However, many need surgery in order to be cured.

Another possible reason is a urinary tract infection. Has she been on a course of antibiotics? Most infections are treated quite easily with a 2 week course of antibiotics. However, sometimes we will have a resistant strain of bacteria. If this were my case I would be sending a urine sample to the lab to determine if I needed a special type of antibiotic in order to clear this up.

I wish I could help more! I hope she does ok! Dr. Marie.

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (14954 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30176 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8754 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18127 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (12854 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (20789 views)

Balding legs Two month old Freddie was a rescue with mites. He went through the sulphur bath... (8081 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (21254 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (4199 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (42041 views)