9 month old puppy pregnant?

Breed: Apso Lhasa
My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was stuck to her this morning.. what should I do? Would she live through if she is pregnant?

This is actually quite a common question that I get asked. Even though your dog was very young, she likely will get pregnant if she was tied to a male.

It's not a good idea to let a dog mate with her father because there is a greatly increased risk of the puppies having genetic problems.

Most dogs that get pregnant at a young age still do ok and are able to have their puppies just fine. But, as with any pregnancy you need to be prepared for the worst. Make sure you have some sort of plan in case she needs a C Section. A C Section can cost a few thousand dollars sometimes.

The best plan may be to have her spayed. Most vets will still spay a pregnant dog. You will pay a little bit more, but in the long run this is likely the best option.

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (9925 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (15117 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7653 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (32287 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (80885 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (10497 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (35497 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8377 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8747 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (16046 views)