9 month old puppy pregnant?

Breed: Apso Lhasa
My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was stuck to her this morning.. what should I do? Would she live through if she is pregnant?

This is actually quite a common question that I get asked. Even though your dog was very young, she likely will get pregnant if she was tied to a male.

It's not a good idea to let a dog mate with her father because there is a greatly increased risk of the puppies having genetic problems.

Most dogs that get pregnant at a young age still do ok and are able to have their puppies just fine. But, as with any pregnancy you need to be prepared for the worst. Make sure you have some sort of plan in case she needs a C Section. A C Section can cost a few thousand dollars sometimes.

The best plan may be to have her spayed. Most vets will still spay a pregnant dog. You will pay a little bit more, but in the long run this is likely the best option.

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (5508 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (17660 views)

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (14372 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8604 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (13067 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (16182 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (19905 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (14275 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (8565 views)

Daschund with sore neck. My dog was perfectly fine leading up to and on the day he received his vaccines. He... (8057 views)