Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (8549 views)

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (10831 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (10305 views)

How long is parvo contagious? i recently got a puppy and after 3 days i found out he had parvo and had to be put... (20190 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (7708 views)

Dog died suddenly. My dog, Ace, passed away on Thursday, July 5th. We live in the midwest and had been... (11064 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (49637 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (7438 views)

Rectovaginal fistula. We have a litter of 4 wk old Doberman puppies being bottle raised because mom was... (9707 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10222 views)