Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (15626 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (10671 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (17162 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (14477 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (8907 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (35524 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (25566 views)

Brown bugs on my dog. I got a new dog, a crossbreed of Pomeranian and Chihuahua, and I discovered... (11092 views)

Cat is eating less and vomiting. Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he... (6428 views)

Dog ate maxi pad. My wife and I left for a 24 day holiday. Three of our kids remained at home. Our... (22765 views)