Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (7334 views)

Cataracts, thirst and lethargy. Hi Dr Marie, I am writing for reasons of my pug that I have just been informed... (6524 views)

Kitten not pooping. Hi Dr. Marie. I recently just brought a young kitten home and he is probably 4... (8681 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (10664 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (6680 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (6469 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (23663 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (8589 views)

Kitten is bleeding from vagina. since ive got my kitten she has been crying alot, ive noticed her bleeding aswell... (12272 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (15056 views)