Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (17992 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (56602 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (45268 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (21700 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (10889 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (23195 views)

Pit bull with pink skin. I have a pit bull that is black and white in color. Actually he is predominately... (41605 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (52542 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (161030 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (9436 views)