Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (3611 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (21249 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (10407 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (7068 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (13550 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (4600 views)

Dog is obsessively licking at things. Hello. I have a question about my dog. I think she's experienced some tummy... (5265 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (8148 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (12955 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (4450 views)