Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (16122 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (23553 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (3442 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (9532 views)

Cat with megacolon We have a cat, Poofter, who has mega-colon. The vet prescribed Hills Prescription... (7974 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (13526 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (4263 views)

Kitten nursing on my neck. why does my 8 to 10 month old kitty keep trying to suckle at my neck. He will not... (10335 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (8413 views)

low protein food My brother's cat, who is about 14 years old, recently got bloodwork done at the vet,... (6175 views)