Dog shedding.

Breed: Colliex
Why is our dog shedding so badly?

There are lots of possible reasons for a dog to shed a lot. Sometimes it is simply the breed of dog. Some breeds will shed an awful lot more than others.

The next thing to look at is the quality of the food that Gucci is on. If she is on a low quality (inexpensive) food then this can definitely affect the amount of shedding. For some dogs who shed I recommend an omega 3/6 fatty acid supplement which will help.

If the dog is shedding and is itchy there may be a medical problem such as a skin infection or allergies or fleas.

It's also worthwhile to have Gucci checked out for intestinal parasites as I have found that dogs with worms tend to have poor coats as well.

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (22555 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (10312 views)

Tumor on a guinea pig. Hi Marie, My daughter's 14 month old guinea pig has a tumor with a thick, scaly... (11867 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (26160 views)

Dog shaking and limping. Dear Dr: Since yesterday I see that my dog tires to go to the bathrooms and hide.... (9829 views)

Constipated cat. my cat is constapated is there a laxative for cats what can i do for him to help him... (5104 views)

Possible autoimmune disease. Hi, My dog is currently under vetrinarian care but he has a problem that my... (8300 views)

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (40011 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (5543 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (14026 views)