Very sick kitty.

Breed: domestic short hair
just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us when you get this, any advise given from the heart will be greatly appreciated. we have no money so a vet is out of the question. was a fat kitty, the only one out of a Ferrell litter to survive. then suddenly lost weight started dying. bathed and got fleas off, we constantly combed so don't think amount of fleas was the cause. quit eating, and drinking. got real cold and limp. so my husband has ground up beef liver and kitten milk and force fed , put in heat blanket to keep warm and trikles drops of water in mouth as long as it swallows intermittently to keep from dehydrating. have many other kittens that saved from other litter, they play together and they are fine. possibly dying anyway but is there antibiotics or off the wall things I can try, I am a try anything right now person, anything is better than nothing. understand I am not looking for a safe answer, I am looking for a kick this kitten in the ass, work or not work, I will try anything. thank you very much and god bless you, my other 40 animal RESCUES THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK, THEY ARE WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER ;)

Oh, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. It sounds like Butterball is really really unwell.

Any time a cat loses a significant amount of weight it is a sign of something serious. If he is not eating or drinking this is not a good sign either.

What I can tell you is that this is very likely to be something serious. It is very unlikely that there is something that you can do at home without veterinary intervention that will make a huge difference.

You mentioned that he had fleas. It's possible that he contracted a blood parasite called hemobartonella. This is something that is treated with a particular type of antibiotics. But, if he is this sick then he would need more than just antibiotics in order to recover.

The other major concern is that there could be a serious virus such as FIV, Feline Leukemia or FIP. We don't have a cure for any of these.

There are many other possibilities including ingesting something poisonous, having a foreign object stuck in his intestines, and many others.

It really sounds like Butterball is very unwell and it sounds like euthanasia should be considered. If veterinary bills are a big concern, often a local shelter or humane society will do euthanasia for low or no cost if an animal is suffering.

I wish I could offer you more.

thank you for your repley. butterball did not make it through the night. we do believe that she ingested something. we live in florida and have the blue skinks that i have always been told are poisonous to cats. i have found tails in the yard and think that when she was outside she may have eaten one or more. she was crying and seemed to be in extreme abdominal pain. did not vomit until right at the end so don't think it was an obstruction. again, thank you and god bless you for helping people through tough times

So sorry to hear that Butterball did not make it. :(

Heterochromia in a cat. I recently got a cat as a rescue. She is white, with light grey and yellow... (12290 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (11644 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (11583 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (20932 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (10158 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (8777 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (7028 views)

Very sick dog. My dog can't poop and won't eat. He also has puss-like infection coming from his... (10396 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (6156 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (51231 views)