Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

Limping on rear leg. Hello Dr. Marie! Buddy came to us about six months ago a stray. Though it was... (22689 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 10 week old OES pup, male. He is in good weight, healthy... (15971 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (5843 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (10847 views)

Chihuahua ate tennis ball. My small, 5lb baby girl chihauha (sp?) was outside playing with our two other dogs. ... (22003 views)

OK to keep cats in a small room? I am concerned for two cats that I know. They live in a house where they are... (5701 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (10938 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7746 views)

Sudden death in a dog after swimming. My dog was swimming in the lake for 1-2 mins, she came out, then ran around suddenly... (12450 views)

Roundworms. Cat has roundworms. bought otc piperzine for her. how long should it take to work?... (18167 views)