Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (75490 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (8745 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (10652 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (33755 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (12848 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (21908 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (9120 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (9706 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (7436 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (8731 views)