Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7888 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (15014 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (9283 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (5884 views)

Sudden bulldog death. Hello Dr. Marie, I own a boarding kennel and have for fifteen years. We pride... (26666 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (38684 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (56170 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (10233 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (18052 views)

Limping after cat fight. Hello, My cat recently had a fight with another cat. Now he is limping on his left... (10340 views)