Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (13614 views)

Dog ate chocolate bar. Hello. In September 2009, we got a family pet. She was born on 9th of July 2009. So... (5257 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (6365 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (4609 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (11089 views)

Strong urine odor. Over the past few months my dogs urine has started smelling really strongly, to the... (57825 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13287 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (10519 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (101722 views)

Cancer or infection? My dog recently completed radiation therapy for a brain tumor and he handled the... (4760 views)