Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (7454 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (7278 views)

Cat is killing lizards. My cat keeps killing lizards that come inside the house. I have tryed spraying water... (16507 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (9694 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (25365 views)

Homemade chicken jerky treats for dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, If you do choose to answer my questions, I thank you so much in... (6272 views)

Gerbil has rash on nose. My brothers pet gerbial has like a res rash or something aroud is nose and we are... (10231 views)

Cat peeing in tub. Hi, DR. Marie; Tiger has recently started using the bath tub for his litter box,... (59996 views)

Vaccinate against parvo? Chester is about 10 weeks he was a stray he now has Parvo but I think recovering at... (6520 views)

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (8770 views)