Lab swallowed a shotgun shell.

Breed: Lab
my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i do?

Most likely this will pass through on its own. If it was a lead shell then you will want to see your vet to discuss whether to wait till it passes through or do surgery to remove it.

It would be great to have your vet take an xray to see where the shell is and see if the size is of concern. If it is large enough it could act as a foreign object and cause an obstruction.

It's not a bad idea to add 1/4 tsp of bran to each meal and then go through his poops to make sure it has come out.

Hope things are ok!

Hip dysplasia in pupp Hi I have a 13 month old German Shepherd male Havoc. He runs great. Jumps great and... (30445 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (10272 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (5010 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (21982 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (110533 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (79185 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (22192 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (36260 views)

Cat has high ALT. my cat was diagnosed with high alt liver enzyme and hi white blood cell count in... (29694 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (69558 views)