How much water does a puppy drink?

Breed: Sibarian Husky
My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him sleeping at the water bowl. is this normal for young active dogs? Or should i take him in for more testing? His diet is blue Buffalo wilderness adult food recommend by the the vet to switch to adult. He is very hard to house break (peeing) and we just did a round of antibiotics on him to make sure he had no infection that would cause it. Could this be a sign of diabetes?

There is a formula that tells us how much water a "normal" dog should drink and that is nowhere more than 60ml/kg/day. I'm guessing that a 9 month old husky weighs perhaps 30 pounds? (That can really vary).

30 pounds is about 13.6 kg, so he should not be drinking much more than 816 mL of water. This is about the same as 3+1/4 cups of water per day.

There are a lot of variables here, and as you have asked in the free question section I won't be able to fully answer your question. The answer on what to do next really depends on a few things such as what the specific gravity was on his urine sample. If that was really low he could have a condition called diabetes insipidus.

If you think Diesel is drinking more than 3.25 cups of water per day then I would recommend that you have more testing done.

Dogs eyes are lazy. Within the past 2 days I have noticed my dog's eyes are turing outward, like they... (98283 views)

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (6173 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (49960 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (24342 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (27630 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (49255 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (25787 views)

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (13026 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (16429 views)

Worms in kittens. Hey there, I just got two 9 week old kittens. They have had their shots but they... (70974 views)