How much water does a puppy drink?

Breed: Sibarian Husky
My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him sleeping at the water bowl. is this normal for young active dogs? Or should i take him in for more testing? His diet is blue Buffalo wilderness adult food recommend by the the vet to switch to adult. He is very hard to house break (peeing) and we just did a round of antibiotics on him to make sure he had no infection that would cause it. Could this be a sign of diabetes?

There is a formula that tells us how much water a "normal" dog should drink and that is nowhere more than 60ml/kg/day. I'm guessing that a 9 month old husky weighs perhaps 30 pounds? (That can really vary).

30 pounds is about 13.6 kg, so he should not be drinking much more than 816 mL of water. This is about the same as 3+1/4 cups of water per day.

There are a lot of variables here, and as you have asked in the free question section I won't be able to fully answer your question. The answer on what to do next really depends on a few things such as what the specific gravity was on his urine sample. If that was really low he could have a condition called diabetes insipidus.

If you think Diesel is drinking more than 3.25 cups of water per day then I would recommend that you have more testing done.

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (10895 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (18700 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (5555 views)

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (7217 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (6053 views)

Sick pregnant cat. hi, i think my cat is pregnant, shes suddenly put on alot of weight and has spotted... (7808 views)

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (9085 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (7689 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (9267 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (3956 views)