Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (10836 views)

Can you die from a cat bite? hello dr.marie.i am too small to pay your fees but scared that i am not getting any... (15503 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (7531 views)

Dime sized sore above eye. Turbo has a dime size sore just above his left eye. Ive tried washing with peroxide... (13771 views)

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (8476 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (9451 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (3617 views)

9 month old puppy pregnant? My puppy is only 9 months old and she was in heat for her first time. Her father was... (25092 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (3774 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (23165 views)