Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (22084 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (7495 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (5048 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11754 views)

Stomatitis and FIV. my cat has stomatitus and fiv. i hate to give her up but she may be suffering and i... (13573 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (13383 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8812 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12036 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (13161 views)

Testicular and splenic masses. My 9 year old Golden Retriever had enlarged testicles with no other symptoms. I took... (9838 views)