Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (14709 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (38207 views)

Needs anals done often. Heidi is having trouble with anal glands. She is on a home cooked diet, mostly... (9832 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15990 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (18292 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (23105 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (13291 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (32845 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7406 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6820 views)