Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (12162 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (7721 views)

Cat can't pee. Cat can't pee. Licking himself and yowling when tries to... (13748 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (58879 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (14227 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (11344 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (16834 views)

Puppy has soft stools. Background: Junior is a rescue. My first dog ever. I got him about 1 month ago,... (12788 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (60973 views)

Is this a mouth tumor? Hi, Our cat has been doing poorly lately. She went for about a month eating once... (5671 views)