Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (7826 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (9248 views)

Steroid shots for allergies. Dr. Marie, Our 9 lb. cat has had a chronic skin ailment the majority of his life,... (18225 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (14909 views)

Limping cat. My cat is limping, she is not putting weight on her left hind leg. She isn't cut or... (22813 views)

Puppy and adult dog vomiting. Our 8 yr old lab became ill about 2 weeks ago with occassional vomiting, diarrhea,... (5909 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (20381 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (8726 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (14374 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (9691 views)