Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Wobbly after anesthesia. Hello Dr. Marie, I just have a few questions about Snova...he got shaved for the... (14056 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11066 views)

Dogs, cats and bio-oil. Hi, Dr. Marie: I have a question for you regarding a product called Bio Oil. I... (19718 views)

Heartworm treatment. Sam was a rescue, we believe that he is a little over two years old and a pit / lab... (6512 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (7578 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15050 views)

Rash in dog's armpits. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (23454 views)

Dog is licking where he was neutered. my dog is licking where he was neutered 3 years ago help asap... (7628 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (49520 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10659 views)