Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (7219 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (15101 views)

Betadine on spay incision? My dog was spayed 3 days ago and I'm worried about the incision becoming infected.... (15407 views)

Head tremor in a cat. Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Wildwood has been lethargic for the past 2 days, along with... (36881 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (34904 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (20563 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (12937 views)

Died after bloat surgery. My dog became sick early Friday morning (2am) and vomited 3 times between 2am and... (22768 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (22846 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (10434 views)