Lungworm from slugs?

Breed: Shih Tzu
My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a lungworm?

Slugs can indeed carry lungworm. However, the slug would have to be ingested (not just licked) in order to transmit lungworm to a dog.

Even if a slug was ingested, there are only certain parts of the world where they tend to carry parasites. Some of these parts include the Canadian maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI).

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (24328 views)

Cat drooling a lot. emmy has started to drool as of last night. she is drooling a lot. she has never... (172933 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (6724 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (21339 views)

Swollen eye in older cat. Hello - I have a 13-yr cat with renal issues (diagnosed 2 yrs ago) - but she has... (18182 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (22917 views)

Famotidine for kidney disease. Coco had an ultrasound scan yesterday to confirm she has bilateral kidney cancer.... (14075 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (27329 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (13626 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (36470 views)