Possible chyletiella.

Breed: Labradoodle
My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff. He is also very itchy. We bathed him in medicated shampoo given to us from vet yesterday but today it seems worse. Is this it being killed off? Obviously concerned about human transfer etc. any further advice would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks.

That sounds pretty unusual! You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of something called cheyletiella. This is a parasite also known as "walking dandruff". It's not very common. I think the last case I saw was about 10 years ago. But, it usually is seen in young puppies.

The vet can diagnose it by looking at some of the flakes under the microscope. It is generally treated by using a good flea product.

If that's not it, you may need to have more tests done on Hamish. If there is no obvious infection the vet may do a skin biopsy to rule out some type of congenital skin disorder.

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (22692 views)

Red eye in kitten. my kitten all of a sudden got a red around his left eye. He keeps pawing at it when... (10605 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (30180 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (17063 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (12435 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (13868 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (68868 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (9126 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (9835 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (34837 views)