Possible chyletiella.

Breed: Labradoodle
My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff. He is also very itchy. We bathed him in medicated shampoo given to us from vet yesterday but today it seems worse. Is this it being killed off? Obviously concerned about human transfer etc. any further advice would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks.

That sounds pretty unusual! You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of something called cheyletiella. This is a parasite also known as "walking dandruff". It's not very common. I think the last case I saw was about 10 years ago. But, it usually is seen in young puppies.

The vet can diagnose it by looking at some of the flakes under the microscope. It is generally treated by using a good flea product.

If that's not it, you may need to have more tests done on Hamish. If there is no obvious infection the vet may do a skin biopsy to rule out some type of congenital skin disorder.

Swollen glands in neck. 7 year old corgie, swollen glands in neck, possible swelling in abdominal area near... (24877 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16427 views)

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (6834 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (21224 views)

Lentigo? My cat has weird dark spots on the bald part in front of the ear canal. They look... (11133 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4668 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (10772 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (66157 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11602 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (14894 views)