Possible chyletiella.

Breed: Labradoodle
My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff. He is also very itchy. We bathed him in medicated shampoo given to us from vet yesterday but today it seems worse. Is this it being killed off? Obviously concerned about human transfer etc. any further advice would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks.

That sounds pretty unusual! You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of something called cheyletiella. This is a parasite also known as "walking dandruff". It's not very common. I think the last case I saw was about 10 years ago. But, it usually is seen in young puppies.

The vet can diagnose it by looking at some of the flakes under the microscope. It is generally treated by using a good flea product.

If that's not it, you may need to have more tests done on Hamish. If there is no obvious infection the vet may do a skin biopsy to rule out some type of congenital skin disorder.

Cat pooping on floor. My cat doesn't poop in her litter box, so I put down rugs near her litter box and... (11108 views)

Possible elbow hygroma. I just noticed a mass on my 4 month old puppy's front right leg. She is mini... (27673 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (12024 views)

Black spots on tongue. Hypothyroidism? My dog seems to have multiple symptoms... Harsh,dry cough, hair falling out in... (6449 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (9690 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (9769 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (28981 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27333 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (5831 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (30357 views)