Possible chyletiella.

Breed: Labradoodle
My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff. He is also very itchy. We bathed him in medicated shampoo given to us from vet yesterday but today it seems worse. Is this it being killed off? Obviously concerned about human transfer etc. any further advice would be muchly appreciated!
Thanks.

That sounds pretty unusual! You may want to ask your vet about the possibility of something called cheyletiella. This is a parasite also known as "walking dandruff". It's not very common. I think the last case I saw was about 10 years ago. But, it usually is seen in young puppies.

The vet can diagnose it by looking at some of the flakes under the microscope. It is generally treated by using a good flea product.

If that's not it, you may need to have more tests done on Hamish. If there is no obvious infection the vet may do a skin biopsy to rule out some type of congenital skin disorder.

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (14727 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (30198 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (31711 views)

Drooling and walking sideways. Last night Sadie started shaking really badly, drooling like crazy and when she... (11012 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5300 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (30281 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (8946 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (36288 views)

Grade 2 mast cell tumor. Hi, I want to adopt a 9yr old female Golden Retrever from this breeder. The breeder... (13287 views)

Male cat has large breasts. Recently (2-3 weeks), my 8 year old male tabby cat has, what seem to be, slightly... (19097 views)