Biting her paws.

Breed: cockapoo
my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when they bite her they die.

The most common reason for a dog to bite her paws is due to allergies. The vast majority of allergies are environmental. Food can sometimes be the culprit, but it is not as common as environmental allergies.

There are many treatments for allergies, but most dogs do need small doses of steroids.

Here is a search on my site for other questions relating to itchy paws due to allergies:

allergies.

Artificial sweetener ingestion. This morning I ate an atkins bar for breakfast. I left the wrapper on the couch and... (35163 views)

Older cat losing weight. My eleven year old cat has congenital hipdisplasia however she has been happy... (22535 views)

Head tremors and bloody discharge. Dear Dr. Marie my fiance Melissa contacted you friday 02/26/2010 about are cat... (8207 views)

Milo's chicken jerky safety? Hi, Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm concerned about the chicken... (8582 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11781 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (13929 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9274 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9023 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7272 views)

Can dogs take human antibiotics? Can dogs take human antibiotics or triple creams for... (14164 views)