Biting her paws.

Breed: cockapoo
my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when they bite her they die.

The most common reason for a dog to bite her paws is due to allergies. The vast majority of allergies are environmental. Food can sometimes be the culprit, but it is not as common as environmental allergies.

There are many treatments for allergies, but most dogs do need small doses of steroids.

Here is a search on my site for other questions relating to itchy paws due to allergies:

allergies.

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (30694 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (34292 views)

Dog ate grapes. My dog ate 3 grapes! My son gave them to him about 2-3 hours ago. Are grapes... (13694 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (8850 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (21143 views)

Green penile discharge. Hi, I have a 7 month old alaskan malamute. I have noticed that he has green... (18922 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (47819 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (12266 views)

Cat peeing on the carpet. My cat will not stop urinating on the carpet, she has seen a vet and has no medical... (13599 views)

Myasthenia gravis I am grieving the loss of my beloved companion who was euthanized on May 18, 2011.... (22421 views)