Can dog get Hepatitis C?

Breed: min pin
can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. Hepatitis C is not contagious to dogs.

There is a form of hepatitis that dogs can get. (It is one of the things that we usually vaccinate against). However, this type of hepatitis is totally unrelated to the type that humans can get.

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (88632 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My dog has eaten very little the last week and has thrown up almost every time. He... (12633 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (16288 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (9635 views)

Epogen for cat with anemia. Hi Dr. Marie, I need a second opinion. My 19 year old male cat was recently... (17184 views)

Fluid in the lungs that got better. Hi, My boy Buster Brown has an array of health probs from dry eye syndrome to... (8871 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (10604 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (17346 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (18702 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (19637 views)