Can dog get Hepatitis C?

Breed: min pin
can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. Hepatitis C is not contagious to dogs.

There is a form of hepatitis that dogs can get. (It is one of the things that we usually vaccinate against). However, this type of hepatitis is totally unrelated to the type that humans can get.

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (9658 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (30895 views)

Antibiotics for anal glands? Hi I have written before about our unique living situation. We are expats with... (6793 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (17987 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (6426 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (18440 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11386 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (15897 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (11086 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (14839 views)