Can dog get Hepatitis C?

Breed: min pin
can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. Hepatitis C is not contagious to dogs.

There is a form of hepatitis that dogs can get. (It is one of the things that we usually vaccinate against). However, this type of hepatitis is totally unrelated to the type that humans can get.

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19743 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10912 views)

Benadryl for allergies? Dear Dr. Marie, Sadie, my eight year old daschund has a skin condition that causes... (7097 views)

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (13324 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7522 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (20425 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22429 views)

Wart on a cat? Hello. I found a small bump on my cat's throat a few months ago. It has gotten... (24937 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (22522 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (677759 views)