Can dog get Hepatitis C?

Breed: min pin
can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. Hepatitis C is not contagious to dogs.

There is a form of hepatitis that dogs can get. (It is one of the things that we usually vaccinate against). However, this type of hepatitis is totally unrelated to the type that humans can get.

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (16495 views)

Dog seizured while boarding. Last March, I boarded Niko at the vet while on vacation. Until then he had been a... (14540 views)

Crusty ears on stray cat. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. There is a small stray cat I... (12008 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (27516 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (17015 views)

Baby teeth didn't fall out. My dog's two canine teeth did not fall and her adult teeth grew in front of them.... (11491 views)

Bump under eye - tooth abscess My dog has had an abscess on her face for a while, under her eye, but it hasn't... (17043 views)

Excessive drooling Recently my cat, who is a little more than 15 years old, has stared excessively... (6536 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (5772 views)

Diarrhea and vomiting. My cat has had a problem with gassy diarrhea and vomiting over the past 3 weeks. My... (9926 views)