Can dog get Hepatitis C?

Breed: min pin
can dogs contract hep c from biting someone that has it? thanks

Hi and thanks for your question. Hepatitis C is not contagious to dogs.

There is a form of hepatitis that dogs can get. (It is one of the things that we usually vaccinate against). However, this type of hepatitis is totally unrelated to the type that humans can get.

10 month puppy with heartworm. I am considering adopting a 10 month old puppy from the SPCA and was told he was... (11784 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (10650 views)

Cyst or cancer? About a year ago, Bella started limping occasionally. When I inspected her leg, I... (5044 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (4185 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (17309 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18358 views)

Coronavirus and FIP. I recently adopted a cat from overseas, and I found out later he was housed briefly... (7685 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (13296 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (24963 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (9043 views)