Tooth infection.

Breed: pomerian
i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right now they have his face swollen and i drive a truck and cant get to a vet is there anything i can put on them or give him to help with the pain for him

Oh, the poor little guy. This is a tough question to answer because the only thing that is going to solve this problem for Kito is to have any infected teeth removed under a general anesthetic.

If you are able to get to an emergency vet at all this weekend, having some antibiotics prescribed will help temporarily (possibly for a couple of weeks.) Unfortunately there is nothing that you can get over the counter that is going to do the job.

You could possibly give a single dose of baby aspirin. For a pomeranian half of an 80mg aspirin can give some relief. But it is only going to work for 8-12 hours and it's not something I would recommend giving multiple doses of because it can cause stomach and bleeding issues.

A cold cloth held to the area may help relieve some swelling if Kito allows it.

I wish I could give you better advice! The sooner you can have Kito seen by a vet the better though. I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you very much they said they need to take the bad teeth out but was affraid to put him to sleep because he has seizures some times and they dont know what causes them

This is a tough call. If the dog is in pain from dental infections, then it is really not fair to have him survive like this. In most cases, there is no medical treatment (i.e. avoiding surgery) that can solve a serious dental issue.

If this were my case I would likely administer anesthetic drugs that are not known to contribute to seizures and I would monitor him well during the anesthesia. It really does seem like the best option to me.

btw...I'm very sorry it took me so long to reply. For some reason my notification email didn't come through till now!

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (20765 views)

High liver enzymes. He has had major allergy problems since April 2010. He is seeing both holistic and... (19497 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (23248 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (15017 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5148 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (13949 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (13122 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur. Hello, my 12 year old beagle just recently went into the vet for a check up and the... (11501 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (15543 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog has a hard time standing up from the sitting position. Occasionally, he will... (10997 views)