Tooth infection.

Breed: pomerian
i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right now they have his face swollen and i drive a truck and cant get to a vet is there anything i can put on them or give him to help with the pain for him

Oh, the poor little guy. This is a tough question to answer because the only thing that is going to solve this problem for Kito is to have any infected teeth removed under a general anesthetic.

If you are able to get to an emergency vet at all this weekend, having some antibiotics prescribed will help temporarily (possibly for a couple of weeks.) Unfortunately there is nothing that you can get over the counter that is going to do the job.

You could possibly give a single dose of baby aspirin. For a pomeranian half of an 80mg aspirin can give some relief. But it is only going to work for 8-12 hours and it's not something I would recommend giving multiple doses of because it can cause stomach and bleeding issues.

A cold cloth held to the area may help relieve some swelling if Kito allows it.

I wish I could give you better advice! The sooner you can have Kito seen by a vet the better though. I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you very much they said they need to take the bad teeth out but was affraid to put him to sleep because he has seizures some times and they dont know what causes them

This is a tough call. If the dog is in pain from dental infections, then it is really not fair to have him survive like this. In most cases, there is no medical treatment (i.e. avoiding surgery) that can solve a serious dental issue.

If this were my case I would likely administer anesthetic drugs that are not known to contribute to seizures and I would monitor him well during the anesthesia. It really does seem like the best option to me.

btw...I'm very sorry it took me so long to reply. For some reason my notification email didn't come through till now!

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (11262 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (26573 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (6074 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (10316 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (12904 views)

Jaundiced dog. Hi, I have an 8yr old female labrador that on the 30th December, 2013 evening... (17971 views)

Chihuahua with loose teeth. My Chihuahua's teeth are starting to get very loose. She is only two years old,... (13526 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (35705 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (30981 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (11497 views)