Tooth infection.

Breed: pomerian
i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right now they have his face swollen and i drive a truck and cant get to a vet is there anything i can put on them or give him to help with the pain for him

Oh, the poor little guy. This is a tough question to answer because the only thing that is going to solve this problem for Kito is to have any infected teeth removed under a general anesthetic.

If you are able to get to an emergency vet at all this weekend, having some antibiotics prescribed will help temporarily (possibly for a couple of weeks.) Unfortunately there is nothing that you can get over the counter that is going to do the job.

You could possibly give a single dose of baby aspirin. For a pomeranian half of an 80mg aspirin can give some relief. But it is only going to work for 8-12 hours and it's not something I would recommend giving multiple doses of because it can cause stomach and bleeding issues.

A cold cloth held to the area may help relieve some swelling if Kito allows it.

I wish I could give you better advice! The sooner you can have Kito seen by a vet the better though. I hope he feels better soon.

Thank you very much they said they need to take the bad teeth out but was affraid to put him to sleep because he has seizures some times and they dont know what causes them

This is a tough call. If the dog is in pain from dental infections, then it is really not fair to have him survive like this. In most cases, there is no medical treatment (i.e. avoiding surgery) that can solve a serious dental issue.

If this were my case I would likely administer anesthetic drugs that are not known to contribute to seizures and I would monitor him well during the anesthesia. It really does seem like the best option to me.

btw...I'm very sorry it took me so long to reply. For some reason my notification email didn't come through till now!

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15477 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (24524 views)

Ear problems in a cat. I adopted my cat Fudge from a shelter when he was 9. He came with a host of... (9959 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8369 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10317 views)

Phenobarbital and Zonisamide. Ziggy had cluster seizures as a puppy and we have been controlling them (averages... (8112 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (22656 views)

Dog has the runs. my dog has the... (17781 views)

Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. I raise and show Devon Rexes. I have a litter of 6 kittens that were 8 weeks old... (10080 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (9453 views)