Limping, stiff chihuahua.

Breed: Chiuahua
Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not walk on one leg, bur the leg is not broken and when I touch it it doesn't seem to hurt. When he walks on a soft surface jumps on/from something he starts squiling and I know he is in pain. He shakes all the time and his body is cold. Can you please tell me what could be wrong with him?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog. One common reason for chihuahuas to limp on one leg is something called a luxating patella. This problem will sometimes go away on its own, but some dogs need surgery for it.

But, if he is shaking then it sounds like something more serious. It could be a problem with his back, which can be very serious.

I would advise that you take him to the vet as soon as you can. If a back problem or spinal injury goes untreated, some dogs can actually end up with paralysis.

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (10721 views)

Noticing metallic odor. Hi! I recently adopted a dog from a NYC euth list. I've had her for about 3 weeks... (39478 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (8915 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (16484 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (17665 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (12489 views)

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (13915 views)

Yellow skin and urine. My cat has been lethargic for about two weeks. Last week I noticed her Urine was... (13637 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (35558 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20902 views)