Limping, stiff chihuahua.

Breed: Chiuahua
Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not walk on one leg, bur the leg is not broken and when I touch it it doesn't seem to hurt. When he walks on a soft surface jumps on/from something he starts squiling and I know he is in pain. He shakes all the time and his body is cold. Can you please tell me what could be wrong with him?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog. One common reason for chihuahuas to limp on one leg is something called a luxating patella. This problem will sometimes go away on its own, but some dogs need surgery for it.

But, if he is shaking then it sounds like something more serious. It could be a problem with his back, which can be very serious.

I would advise that you take him to the vet as soon as you can. If a back problem or spinal injury goes untreated, some dogs can actually end up with paralysis.

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (9279 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10188 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (9455 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5237 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (9101 views)

Cracked Toe Nail. My dog cracked his nail horizontally at the base of the nail. Is there something I... (10127 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8305 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11309 views)

Rogain toxic to dogs? Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question. I have... (23276 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (38304 views)