Limping, stiff chihuahua.

Breed: Chiuahua
Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not walk on one leg, bur the leg is not broken and when I touch it it doesn't seem to hurt. When he walks on a soft surface jumps on/from something he starts squiling and I know he is in pain. He shakes all the time and his body is cold. Can you please tell me what could be wrong with him?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog. One common reason for chihuahuas to limp on one leg is something called a luxating patella. This problem will sometimes go away on its own, but some dogs need surgery for it.

But, if he is shaking then it sounds like something more serious. It could be a problem with his back, which can be very serious.

I would advise that you take him to the vet as soon as you can. If a back problem or spinal injury goes untreated, some dogs can actually end up with paralysis.

Is Okra toxic to dogs? Without thinking, I gave my dog a small amount (appx 1/4 cup) of oven fried... (60427 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (9616 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (11580 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (107509 views)

Itchy spot on thigh. my dog has started scratching his inner hind leg on one side and he licked and... (6337 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (25080 views)

what kind of dog to get Hi Please help! I want to get my Golden Retriever (male) a friend, but not... (7559 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (8557 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (23975 views)

Problems after spay. Camie was fixed last Monday morning. We haven't been very irresponsible with... (12024 views)