Limping, stiff chihuahua.

Breed: Chiuahua
Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not walk on one leg, bur the leg is not broken and when I touch it it doesn't seem to hurt. When he walks on a soft surface jumps on/from something he starts squiling and I know he is in pain. He shakes all the time and his body is cold. Can you please tell me what could be wrong with him?

This is a tough question to answer without seeing your dog. One common reason for chihuahuas to limp on one leg is something called a luxating patella. This problem will sometimes go away on its own, but some dogs need surgery for it.

But, if he is shaking then it sounds like something more serious. It could be a problem with his back, which can be very serious.

I would advise that you take him to the vet as soon as you can. If a back problem or spinal injury goes untreated, some dogs can actually end up with paralysis.

Hartz and Advantage. I gave my cat Hartz one spot flea treatment and it doesnt work grrrr, i gave it on... (9417 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (20488 views)

Summer shaving? Is it ok to shave my dogs coat in the summer? will that help to make him... (8916 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (36541 views)

Human medicine for cats? Dear Whom ever it concerns, Hi my name is Lindsey. I got this stray cat 3-4 months... (12462 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12366 views)

Dog urinating in house. hey my 5 year old staff has started urinating in the house she has never done this... (9548 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9121 views)

Interstitial cystitis. My cat has had reoccurring Cystitis. She strains when going to the toilet,... (5050 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (5942 views)