Dog can't bark.

Breed: pembroke welsh corgi
I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds like she has been debarked but she hasnt been is it just an age thing?

Interesting question.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have a change in her voice or bark after a surgery, but this should only last for a few days. When this happens we usually blame it on irritation from the tube that was placed in her windpipe to give her her gas anesthetic.

We don't often see laryngitis in dogs. A change in bark can mean a few things:

• Some dogs will lose their bark because they have gone hoarse from constantly barking.

• Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis where the larynx doesn't open properly. This is not common in corgis though. It happens more in labs.

• A tumor on or near the larynx could do this.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (18425 views)

Infected spay incision? My puppy was spade last Thursday and I'm worried her incision is not healing... (67412 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (16458 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (32269 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (8476 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (18019 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (9201 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (30658 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (5844 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (33706 views)