Dog can't bark.

Breed: pembroke welsh corgi
I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds like she has been debarked but she hasnt been is it just an age thing?

Interesting question.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have a change in her voice or bark after a surgery, but this should only last for a few days. When this happens we usually blame it on irritation from the tube that was placed in her windpipe to give her her gas anesthetic.

We don't often see laryngitis in dogs. A change in bark can mean a few things:

• Some dogs will lose their bark because they have gone hoarse from constantly barking.

• Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis where the larynx doesn't open properly. This is not common in corgis though. It happens more in labs.

• A tumor on or near the larynx could do this.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Is my cat pregnant? How can I tell if my cat is pregnant? She has a big belly and I want to know if... (10786 views)

Sore tail. Yesterday I noticed my cat acting strange. She has been walking with her tail very... (7186 views)

Milk for cat? Is milk good for a one month old... (6724 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (25784 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (5028 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4496 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (8928 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (32594 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14727 views)

Cat with asthma. Dr. Marie, Misto is a 9-year-old, 15-pound domestic shorthair, house-only cat who... (8154 views)