Dog can't bark.

Breed: pembroke welsh corgi
I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds like she has been debarked but she hasnt been is it just an age thing?

Interesting question.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have a change in her voice or bark after a surgery, but this should only last for a few days. When this happens we usually blame it on irritation from the tube that was placed in her windpipe to give her her gas anesthetic.

We don't often see laryngitis in dogs. A change in bark can mean a few things:

• Some dogs will lose their bark because they have gone hoarse from constantly barking.

• Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis where the larynx doesn't open properly. This is not common in corgis though. It happens more in labs.

• A tumor on or near the larynx could do this.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (8004 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12037 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (9906 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (12080 views)

Is this mammary tumor cancerous? We have an 8 yr old shih Tzu, female spayed before first heat and we noticed a lump... (4447 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (18715 views)

Lab swallowed a shotgun shell. my 4 month old Lab pup swallowed a shotgun shell. What do you suggest i... (9450 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (9262 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (23628 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4399 views)