Dog can't bark.

Breed: pembroke welsh corgi
I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds like she has been debarked but she hasnt been is it just an age thing?

Interesting question.

It is not uncommon for a dog to have a change in her voice or bark after a surgery, but this should only last for a few days. When this happens we usually blame it on irritation from the tube that was placed in her windpipe to give her her gas anesthetic.

We don't often see laryngitis in dogs. A change in bark can mean a few things:

• Some dogs will lose their bark because they have gone hoarse from constantly barking.

• Some dogs can get a condition called laryngeal paralysis where the larynx doesn't open properly. This is not common in corgis though. It happens more in labs.

• A tumor on or near the larynx could do this.

It sounds like it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (13699 views)

Stinky skin in pug. My pug is losing his hair and the skin is turning black around his neck. It started... (17305 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (16119 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (14913 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (9549 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (20525 views)

Sneezing cat. My cat keeps sneezing and sometimes has watery eyes. It started today and. I googled... (19436 views)

Pea sized lump. Hi Dr. This morning I noticed a pea-sized lump on one of Max's ribs on the left... (56902 views)

No bowel movements after parvo. I have a seven month old poodle mix puppy with parvovirus. He was a puppy someone... (23182 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (17463 views)