Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Dog on You Don't Mess with the Zohan. ok im very stressed what type of dog is on the movie You Don't Mess With The Zohan?... (15804 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (17477 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (40470 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (8897 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (25987 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (11383 views)

Dog ate staples My dog may have ingested 4 staples last night around midnight. She is acting... (56116 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (194031 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (8241 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (14051 views)