Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Guinea Pig losing hair. My guinea pig is 10 weeks and he's lost hair at the rear of his back. It looks a... (10914 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12586 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (9547 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18455 views)

Is my dog hypothyroid? My bichon is obese. She weighs 35 lbs but is also taller than my other bichon who... (6639 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7598 views)

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (21376 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (11097 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13819 views)

Cut my dog's nail too short. Last night, we trimmed one of our dog's nails a little too close to the quick and... (185987 views)