Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Is URTI contagious to other cats? I have brang a new kitten home that has an upper respitory tract infection (URTI).... (11313 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (17092 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (184934 views)

How often to give Benadryl? Lola always has a little bit of a breathing issue b/c of her short snout and I have... (11257 views)

Persistent hymen in dog. Mam, i own a female german sheperd. the problem is i cant breed her due to the grown... (18239 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (14591 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (7558 views)

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (18831 views)

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (10194 views)

Kitten with yellow diarrhea. Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse... (13561 views)