Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (5015 views)

Lymph node enlargement. Lola was diagnosed with stage III-IVa (b cell) lymphoma a few months ago. Today was... (5519 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8715 views)

Parvo virus vaccine question. can dogs get parvo even if they are vaccinated?... (9853 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (37985 views)

Male dog - trouble urinating. Hello! Just recently my dog started peeing everywhere. When he stands up its almost... (30821 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (8058 views)

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16725 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8465 views)

Lung problem in dog. Our cuddly Walter had "kennel cough" several times throughout his life (about 5),... (6711 views)