Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Mycoplasma in rats. Hi, my name is Ann and I have two rats, Pinky and Roc. Unfortunately, one has... (10764 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (7621 views)

Lump near nipple. She has a lump(i think so).. It's hard, and about a marble's size in... (10590 views)

Phenobarb shortage? my vet just informed me the phenobarbital my dog take is going up 600% in price...is... (14201 views)

Dachshund with seizures. Gina had an episode that looked like a seizure about 1.5 years ago for a first time.... (10397 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (104984 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (16248 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (25030 views)

Shih Tzu not eating. He stopped eating 6 days ago. Yesterday the vet said temperature, fecal, urine,... (32191 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (25140 views)