Cat is despondent.

Breed: cat. that's all I kn
My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick.
I'll try anything to get some life back into her. I, myself, tend to be holistic. But someone like you might have more experience with a despondent. Vitamins, maybe or something like that.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that Kitty is not doing well. It will be hard to give you a detailed answer without being able to examine her. But, I can tell you that almost every time we see a change in a cat's behavior there is a medical reason for it. So, if she is despondent, then there probably is either an illness or a pain issue.

You have listed that Kitty is more than 15 years of age. Kidney problems are very common in elderly cats. There are many other medical problems that could be an issue as well.

Is she eating ok? If not, then there definitely is a medical issue and she will likely need some blood tests to determine what it is.

Sometimes arthritis pain can be an issue with older cats and can cause them to just mope around. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe and effective for cats with arthritis. There are prescription products that work well but you would need to see your vet to get them.

There really is no vitamin or supplement that is likely to perk her up. Hopefully you can have a vet see her soon and determine what the issue is.

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (51867 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (26028 views)

Spot on eye. My boxer scratched his eye. Went to Vet and confirmed and they put him on Neomycin... (17708 views)

Cat xray with fluid in chest. We euthanized our cat this week based on the recommendation of our vet. We feel we... (21131 views)

Pit bull puppy is sick. My dog was outside and I was callig her, bit she didn't come I went to look for her... (8391 views)

Is aspirin safe for dogs? I bought the excel enteric coated aspirin 81mg each for my 85lb husky. I don't know... (16863 views)

Dog ate M&M's. My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE... (42835 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21447 views)

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (11467 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (16498 views)