Cat is despondent.

Breed: cat. that's all I kn
My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick.
I'll try anything to get some life back into her. I, myself, tend to be holistic. But someone like you might have more experience with a despondent. Vitamins, maybe or something like that.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that Kitty is not doing well. It will be hard to give you a detailed answer without being able to examine her. But, I can tell you that almost every time we see a change in a cat's behavior there is a medical reason for it. So, if she is despondent, then there probably is either an illness or a pain issue.

You have listed that Kitty is more than 15 years of age. Kidney problems are very common in elderly cats. There are many other medical problems that could be an issue as well.

Is she eating ok? If not, then there definitely is a medical issue and she will likely need some blood tests to determine what it is.

Sometimes arthritis pain can be an issue with older cats and can cause them to just mope around. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe and effective for cats with arthritis. There are prescription products that work well but you would need to see your vet to get them.

There really is no vitamin or supplement that is likely to perk her up. Hopefully you can have a vet see her soon and determine what the issue is.

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14206 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (6670 views)

Ivermectin toxicity? Help! I think that I am accidentally poisoning my boy 4 year old by giving him... (15526 views)

Natural flea product? Dear Dr. Marie: We use Sentry Natural Defense squeeze-on flea control product on... (9231 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (10144 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (33218 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (13283 views)

Bump on eye. Dear Dr. Marie, I am writing about my 3-year-old Australian Cattle Dog, Bruce.... (12137 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10652 views)

Meds safe for small dog? Good evening! I recently adopted a toy poodle. She is currently 4 months old (DOB... (7087 views)