Cat is despondent.

Breed: cat. that's all I kn
My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick.
I'll try anything to get some life back into her. I, myself, tend to be holistic. But someone like you might have more experience with a despondent. Vitamins, maybe or something like that.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that Kitty is not doing well. It will be hard to give you a detailed answer without being able to examine her. But, I can tell you that almost every time we see a change in a cat's behavior there is a medical reason for it. So, if she is despondent, then there probably is either an illness or a pain issue.

You have listed that Kitty is more than 15 years of age. Kidney problems are very common in elderly cats. There are many other medical problems that could be an issue as well.

Is she eating ok? If not, then there definitely is a medical issue and she will likely need some blood tests to determine what it is.

Sometimes arthritis pain can be an issue with older cats and can cause them to just mope around. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe and effective for cats with arthritis. There are prescription products that work well but you would need to see your vet to get them.

There really is no vitamin or supplement that is likely to perk her up. Hopefully you can have a vet see her soon and determine what the issue is.

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (7325 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (18464 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (18450 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (22135 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (10665 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (35021 views)

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (9354 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (314209 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (17260 views)

Lump on puppy's neck. Hello Dr. Marie I hope you could choose my question because i'm so worried about my... (17694 views)