Cat is despondent.

Breed: cat. that's all I kn
My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick.
I'll try anything to get some life back into her. I, myself, tend to be holistic. But someone like you might have more experience with a despondent. Vitamins, maybe or something like that.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that Kitty is not doing well. It will be hard to give you a detailed answer without being able to examine her. But, I can tell you that almost every time we see a change in a cat's behavior there is a medical reason for it. So, if she is despondent, then there probably is either an illness or a pain issue.

You have listed that Kitty is more than 15 years of age. Kidney problems are very common in elderly cats. There are many other medical problems that could be an issue as well.

Is she eating ok? If not, then there definitely is a medical issue and she will likely need some blood tests to determine what it is.

Sometimes arthritis pain can be an issue with older cats and can cause them to just mope around. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe and effective for cats with arthritis. There are prescription products that work well but you would need to see your vet to get them.

There really is no vitamin or supplement that is likely to perk her up. Hopefully you can have a vet see her soon and determine what the issue is.

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (4702 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (8847 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (9122 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (8690 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (10866 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (30270 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (12061 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4527 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4481 views)

Bitch searching for dead puppies. my papillon bitch gave birth to a litter of premature pups. sadly they are all dead... (25330 views)