Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Staple in armpit. I just found a surgical staple in my dog's armpit! I'm taking her in first thing in... (7364 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (8377 views)

Blood at end of urine stream. My female dog has had blood in her urine for 2 months. I live in Belize, Central... (20415 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (48011 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (37345 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (10771 views)

Does my dog have a gait problem? Hi Dr. I'm hoping this is a trivial question. As the email pic shows, the... (22159 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (10056 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (16405 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (26223 views)