Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (16490 views)

Dogs with occasional diarrhea. I have two German shepherds, male and female. The female is 7 yrs, the male is 5... (33010 views)

Should I spay my older dog? Greetings, I have an 8 year old female shih tzu that never had any puppies,and... (16315 views)

Dog bite wound. Dear Doctor, with my dog one day ago happend accident, he was in fight with another... (6061 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (11322 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (11022 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat is 12 years old and has recently shown a lack of appetite, weight loss and... (5355 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (14297 views)

Seborrheic dermatitis in Irish Setter. i have a 12yr old irish setter who has seborrheic dermatitis. she has the scaley... (11410 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7552 views)