Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (11669 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (9377 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (10664 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (9150 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (17048 views)

Red swollen paw. My cat's paw is red and swollen. The middle toes are swelling so they appear to be... (19866 views)

Diarrhea and pale gums in a kitten. My cat has dirra for about two week i have notice his gum is pale pink what should... (11331 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (109027 views)

Uncomfortable cocker spaniel My 7 1/2 year old cocker spaniel came in from a walk last night with a stomach that... (44735 views)

What does rat poison look like? I live in a town right outside of Boston, MA. We recently got a lot of snow, so they... (20854 views)