Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (9497 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (8292 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (7530 views)

Not eating or drinking and is painful. My cat tink 3 yrs seems very poorly he hasn't eaten or drank for 2 days now is very... (4015 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (18849 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (11656 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (4390 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (10654 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3793 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4409 views)