Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7009 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (14201 views)

lump on dog's abdomen. Hi Dr Marie, Hopefully this is a simple question. I've noticed that one of Max's... (18584 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (6201 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (7836 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9054 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (7861 views)

Too aggressive petting? My cat enjoys having his bum smacked over and over. Hard. He's neutered male - he... (14048 views)

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (13407 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (13568 views)