Vulvar tumor

Breed: blue russian
thank you for your reply to my first question about my cat who died from a vulval tumour, it was never explained to me by my vet that it would be fatal, do you know how long a vulvar adenocarcinoma takes to develop and would this tumor always start out as malignant or could it have started as benign, also are there any symtoms I should have seen as I didn't know she had the cancer until I found 2 blood spots on the carpet

Lisa

I think one of the problems here is that the tumor is so uncommon that there is not much data available on how serious it is.

There really is nothing you could have done to prevent this from happening.

Adenocarcinomas can grow very rapidly. It likely was malignant from the start, but no one can say for sure.

It really sounds like you and your vet did absolutely everything you could for your girl.

Guinea Pig heat cycle. my female guinea pig has a swollen vulva which is very red. this happens once every... (33363 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (11531 views)

Is hamster hibernating or dead? My hamster is limp cold and her eyes are slightly open and she is lying on her... (55794 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (12588 views)

Pooping in house. I got my dog Clyde on June 25, 2012. He is a 4 year-old Lhasa. His previous owners... (11707 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (5455 views)

Cat can't put weight on leg. hi basil got away from me last night down near the woods he returned about 30 mins... (22757 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (10872 views)

Vet care discount for seniors. My cat vomited today(29.10.10) and she is in a quite bad mood, i want to get a check... (11039 views)

Urinary problems and fleas. hi dr i have 2 cockers a male and a female both are house broken but thay been... (8773 views)