Older cat with diarrhea

Breed: Tabby
Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad
She used to throw up all the time and the Vet said she
has problems digesting dry food
So i stopped feeding her dry food all the time
just giving her like a bag of Whiskas
She eats plenty
She really likes Human food and I know I shouldnt be feeding her that and it probably has alot to do with why she has such loose bowels
Some days she doesnt feel weel and you can tell and her stomach is swelled and she loves me to rub her tummy
I've started giving her a Multi Vitamin for Cats a couple days ago
What do you think the problem is
I'm broke and cant afford to really take her to Vet
Please help me
She is my life and i feel so bad
Thank you
Jenne

There are a lot of things that can cause diarrhea in an older cat. Unfortunately it can often be hard to know what the cause is.

While it is unlikely to be because of food, you could always try a hypoallergenic food and see if there is any difference after a few weeks.

However, if an older cat is developing diarrhea there is usually a medical problem.

It could be due to hyperthryoidism. Cats with this problem usually lose weight and have a good appetite.

It could also be due to inflammatory bowel disease. This can be treated with steroid medication prescribed by your vet.

Intestinal cancer such as lymphoma could do this.

It could also be due to parasites. It's not a bad idea to have your vet check a stool sample for parasites.

The multi-vitamin is not going to be helpful.

There is no over the counter medicine that I can recommend.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some blood tests on her.

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (13050 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (10601 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12543 views)

Pitbull with breathing problems. My daughter rescued a pit bull a few years ago. He has been an amazing dog. However,... (14176 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (9239 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (15229 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (43266 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (21098 views)

Is this a chest tumor? Hello. My active, normal weight and wonderful female Siamese began coughing... (11863 views)

Lump with open sores. Hello. My dog has a very large lump on his leg with open sores which bleeds... (28641 views)