Older cat with diarrhea

Breed: Tabby
Gizzy has Diarrhea most all the time and it smells really bad
She used to throw up all the time and the Vet said she
has problems digesting dry food
So i stopped feeding her dry food all the time
just giving her like a bag of Whiskas
She eats plenty
She really likes Human food and I know I shouldnt be feeding her that and it probably has alot to do with why she has such loose bowels
Some days she doesnt feel weel and you can tell and her stomach is swelled and she loves me to rub her tummy
I've started giving her a Multi Vitamin for Cats a couple days ago
What do you think the problem is
I'm broke and cant afford to really take her to Vet
Please help me
She is my life and i feel so bad
Thank you
Jenne

There are a lot of things that can cause diarrhea in an older cat. Unfortunately it can often be hard to know what the cause is.

While it is unlikely to be because of food, you could always try a hypoallergenic food and see if there is any difference after a few weeks.

However, if an older cat is developing diarrhea there is usually a medical problem.

It could be due to hyperthryoidism. Cats with this problem usually lose weight and have a good appetite.

It could also be due to inflammatory bowel disease. This can be treated with steroid medication prescribed by your vet.

Intestinal cancer such as lymphoma could do this.

It could also be due to parasites. It's not a bad idea to have your vet check a stool sample for parasites.

The multi-vitamin is not going to be helpful.

There is no over the counter medicine that I can recommend.

Ideally it would be best to have your vet do some blood tests on her.

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11229 views)

Black spot on dog's chest. My Dog recently got this black spot on her chest. When I first looked at it, it... (31738 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (28230 views)

Cat died after intestinal surgery. Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right... (8179 views)

Older dog having seizures. My 10.5 year old chocolate lab had three seizures in 12 hours in October. He's... (15626 views)

Pain in nose and snout. Well, my dog Minnie hasn't been herself lately. The problem is that if I touch her... (29780 views)

High LDDS and ALKP Hello Dr. Marie You might remember me and Oreo from past questions? Well, Oreo... (5557 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (18352 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6247 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (13315 views)