Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (38151 views)

My dog wants to sniff everything. I have miniature schnauzer who refuses to poop in “timely manner outside. I take... (12824 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (7899 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (10839 views)

Any problems after inguinal hernia surgery? I purchased a yorkie 2months old who recently had a inguinao hernia surgery and i... (14293 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (37440 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (15197 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (13144 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (20614 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (6655 views)