Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14416 views)

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (24767 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9962 views)

Lumps all over body. Hello, I have a 6 year old italian grey hound. Before he was very very active and... (31647 views)

Overgrooming cat. I RESCUED THE CAT FROM THE STREETS 10 MONTHS AGO. HES 20 POUNDS, EATS WELL, I GIVE... (9690 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14642 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (10417 views)

Bladder surgery? How painful/stressful is bladder surgery for a fearful barn cat? A few days ago I... (17670 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (10103 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12133 views)