Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Protein in urine. Hi, My Yorkie is 12 and had smelly pee starting in September 2010. I took a sample... (11857 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (9416 views)

67 days pregnant. Dog is 67 days pregnant no sign of labor how much longer should i wait before taking... (12755 views)

Tapazole not working. Miss Kitty who is spayed and about 13 yrs old (we rescued her) was recently... (9976 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (8193 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (18835 views)

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (19510 views)

Wobbly after seizure. hello, I have a 4 year old husky mix who is epelectic. Hes on phenobarbital and... (42730 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (39324 views)

Chicken jerky from Thailand. We hear about the chicken jerkey from China, how about the jerkey from Thiland. Do... (7761 views)