Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Is clostridium contagious? Can my dog have gotten a c diff infection from being around another dog that had... (15653 views)

Cat with painful lump. my outside cat just recently got a big lump on the right side of his stomach and he... (16911 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (7475 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12675 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (23183 views)

Wheezing kitten. Hi! I found Trinity a week or two ago. She was very friendly but looked (and... (7963 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (12129 views)

Treatments for IBD in dogs. My dog has IBD, biopsy diagnosis. Tested feb 2010 mild fib rising lymphocytic... (14654 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10531 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (53026 views)