Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (11022 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (9497 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (6048 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (8222 views)

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (5857 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (14886 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (22197 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (11582 views)

Lump on German Shepherd. This morning while brushing Sako, a 9-year-old GSD, I noted an area where hair is... (15981 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (5298 views)