Pregnant cat in heat?

Breed: Rusty tabby ?
I thought Clhoe was pregnant , she went into (Heat)a month ago and was seen being... chased... By her Brother no less.(he kept saying she was giving him all the signals!!) The hussie!! Any way a month later she seemed to be gaining weight around her middle. With some slight enlargement of her nipples. Now She's displaying Heat again.
Could she still be pregnant and is there any problem with,(for lack of a better word) the incestual relationship?

Sincerly
Steve

Hi and thanks for your question.

If Chloe is pregnant then she will not be in heat again. However, some pregnant cats can have behavioral changes that are similar to being in heat such as being more friendly and wanting more attention.

As you likely know, it is not a good idea for brother and sister to breed. If there are any hidden genetic diseases in either of these cats there is a high chance that the kittens will be born with problems. However, I have seen litters born to related parents that were totally normal.

You may want to ask your vet about spaying Chloe right away. Most vets will still spay a pregnant cat.

Whatever you choose, I hope everything is ok!

Paralyzed chihuahua My Dog Was Lost For 2 days and i found him 12-11-10 at 4pm curled up in a ball... (8502 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (4865 views)

How to stop dog from scratching. I bought a cone for my dog because he has a sore on his eye that he keeps scratching... (16692 views)

Dog ate Advil. My 1.5 year old 70 lb Goldendoodle ate some Advil gel caps about 5 days ago. I am... (9633 views)

Get rid of parvo virus. I have a general question about Parvo virus, Its a very very common virus I know,... (24866 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (6751 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (9818 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (4562 views)

Pooping in the house. Hi Ipurchased a dog from a pet rescue organisation in Sydney just over three months... (13436 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (9406 views)