Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (14107 views)

Diarrhea with canned food. We have only had goliath for 5 months. all my other cats I would give them a little... (3785 views)

Kitten has diarrhea Hi, my four month old cat has not stopped doing runny poos since i have had her. i... (6951 views)

Cat licking at belly. My Cat has been licking and cleaning her abdomen untill she as removed most of the... (6030 views)

Factory Farms and CAFOS Hello my name is Alyssa. I am a senior at FD Roosevelt Senior High School. I am... (5351 views)

Cat scratch fever. We have had our cat Zeus for over a year. He is up to date on his vaccines and is an... (3899 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (7452 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (21538 views)

Howling at night time. My cat is has been meowing quite a bit and she is a little on lethargic side. In... (8557 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (6929 views)