Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (4316 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (7850 views)

How long does a dog stay in heat? How long does she stay in heat? and how often? thanks have a blessed... (7373 views)

Very thirsty dog. My 13 year old spayed female lab is continually drinking water, can't seem to get... (7025 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (7881 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (8501 views)

Rimadyl and kidney problems. On November 24 2010, Trixie got into the neighbors trash. She was vomiting and had... (16969 views)

Dog ate food with onions. my dog ate cut up sausage but it had onion,will he get sick... (7783 views)

Incontinent after exercise. Sporadically over the course of the past year or 15 months Keeley will have... (12982 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (3916 views)