Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11112 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9046 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (7609 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (17382 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9573 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (42283 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (30461 views)

Dog licking at penis. Hi doc- Little background- Austin is 4- very active, outgoing. He has Addison's... (263240 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (28069 views)

Green smelly teeth. Dweeb has greenish slime on her gums and pain when biting. I tried washing it out... (30458 views)