Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Possible stroke? Hi, Back at the end of June my dog was hit by a truck, his brakes locked, and... (7942 views)

Dog's penis out of sheath. My babys weenie is all dry and irritated and NEVER goes back in. I went to a vet and... (17372 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (44015 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (5088 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (23727 views)

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (5221 views)

Bald patches on body. I live in Spain. Last Spring my dog had hard white lumps of skin down the sides of... (24319 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (9137 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (14794 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (6440 views)