Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Kitten has a cold and is congested. the kitten was found in the backyard, cold and all alone. He has what appears to be... (8291 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (15950 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (11272 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (7794 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (109077 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (7945 views)

Tapeworms in kittens. Hey there, I spoke with you a few days ago about my kittens that have worms. The... (7631 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (3279 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (6488 views)

Cosequin questions Deja has been X-rayed and the vet here has informed me he has arthritis in his left... (9067 views)