Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (9406 views)

Third eyelids in cats. my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i... (86804 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (6431 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (18866 views)

Possible chyletiella. My eleven week old pup is cover from nose to tail in what looks like white dandruff.... (8066 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (7971 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (11898 views)

Vomiting dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog Frank is usually very active, but one week ago he was feeling... (10247 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (14538 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (19573 views)