Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Sudden death in papillon My Doctor, I had a six year old female Papillon. She was in seemingly perfect and... (3832 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (6079 views)

Need exam with steroid shot? Is it by the state of law that your cat needs to be examined when you know the cat... (2813 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (10349 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (7103 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (6149 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (6549 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (9079 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (14272 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (7096 views)