Swelling on neck.

Breed: dashund
I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2 inches out. I never noticed this before and usually notice things like this. I was just curious if this is normal or not? Thanks for your help.

I can't say that I have ever seen anything like this! I'm wondering if perhaps your dog has a small tear in her trachea (windpipe)? If this were the case, then when she is forcing air out, perhaps some is getting trapped under the skin.

It does sound like something that you should have your vet check out!

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (29131 views)

Rib poking out. I have an 9 year old maltese poodle and recently i have noticed that the end of his... (38986 views)

Lump on puppy's jaw. Hi, My puppy has a lump on her face at the side just below her eye, Its roughly... (13945 views)

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (8015 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (11001 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (11331 views)

Lavender plant bad for dogs and cats? Hi Dr. Marie, Can you tell me if a lavender plant is toxic to cats and dogs? I... (58623 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (17699 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (9036 views)

Inbreeding dogs. is it true that if a female dog and her son have a relationship will the puppies... (43034 views)