Can a spayed cat get pregnant?

Breed: domestic long hair
OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is 2-4 and is spayed shes had kittens before but we don't want to add to all the cats in the shelter so we got her spayed but now she is acting like shes pregnant and we were wondering is it possible if the spay failed i don't want her to be sick. thank you for listening!

It's not possible for a spay to fail. If your cat was spayed, she had her uterus removed and so it is impossible for her to get pregnant again.

Some cats do gain weight in their belly region after they are spayed, so this may be what you are seeing.

It's also possible that there is a buildup of fluid in her abdomen. This would not be a good sign as this could mean a serious virus called FIP, or a tumor.

If you feel that she really does have a large abdomen it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Itchy red welts on belly. Hi. I have a 4 month old 25lb American Pit Bull puppy name Vino. For the last past... (20537 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10207 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (9480 views)

Rat with facial swelling. My rat has developed swelling on the left side of her face. Her entire cheek has... (19050 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (5378 views)

Swollen neck on cat. My cat was been experiencing avswollen upper neck and underneath chin. It has... (24932 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (28411 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (29438 views)

Peptobismol use in cats I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be... (20658 views)

Dark spot on eye. scooby recently has a darker spot on his pupil, other than that his health is... (26314 views)