Can a spayed cat get pregnant?

Breed: domestic long hair
OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is 2-4 and is spayed shes had kittens before but we don't want to add to all the cats in the shelter so we got her spayed but now she is acting like shes pregnant and we were wondering is it possible if the spay failed i don't want her to be sick. thank you for listening!

It's not possible for a spay to fail. If your cat was spayed, she had her uterus removed and so it is impossible for her to get pregnant again.

Some cats do gain weight in their belly region after they are spayed, so this may be what you are seeing.

It's also possible that there is a buildup of fluid in her abdomen. This would not be a good sign as this could mean a serious virus called FIP, or a tumor.

If you feel that she really does have a large abdomen it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16387 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10026 views)

Lump near nipple. Dear Dr. Marie: Hello again! I found what I think may be a lump under Jammy's... (70160 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6336 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (36249 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (49803 views)

Inverted vulva and puppy vaginitis. I have purchased a Golden Retriever to be used as a new dog for breeding. She is... (42615 views)

Tramadol online. My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed... (8983 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (33084 views)

Dog suddenly paralyzed. My beloved Pug, Newt, passed away last October.She was 12 years old. She developed a... (44467 views)