Can a spayed cat get pregnant?

Breed: domestic long hair
OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is 2-4 and is spayed shes had kittens before but we don't want to add to all the cats in the shelter so we got her spayed but now she is acting like shes pregnant and we were wondering is it possible if the spay failed i don't want her to be sick. thank you for listening!

It's not possible for a spay to fail. If your cat was spayed, she had her uterus removed and so it is impossible for her to get pregnant again.

Some cats do gain weight in their belly region after they are spayed, so this may be what you are seeing.

It's also possible that there is a buildup of fluid in her abdomen. This would not be a good sign as this could mean a serious virus called FIP, or a tumor.

If you feel that she really does have a large abdomen it would be a good idea to have your vet take a look at her.

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (5183 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (14063 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (31198 views)

Stuffed up dog. We are a foster home/rescue home for dogs. We brought in a new foster two weeks ago... (60388 views)

Mucus in kitten's eyes. I found a kittin this moring it appeared to have mucus around the eyes and nose. I... (25126 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (24009 views)

Skin problems. i have a male cocker spaniel 11yrs old, the last couple months he has been... (12665 views)

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (10314 views)

Cat shaking after flea treatment. I accidentally treated my kitten with a store bought flea treatment meant for dogs... (29235 views)

Hamster scabs and hair loss. I have a dwarf hamster (it's white with red eyes, if that helps on the breed). It... (21401 views)