Vomiting while in heat.

Breed: boxer
Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be vomitting?

No, vomiting is not a normal part of the heat cycle.

I would be looking for other causes. If your dog continues to vomit for more than 24 hours or if she seems really unwell then I would have a vet take a look at her.

You have checked off that your dog is 6-12 months old. If I was seeing vomiting during the heat of an older dog I would be worried about a serious infection in the uterus called pyometra. But, we rarely see this in dogs younger than two years old.

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (6264 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Our dog is a miniature dachshund and she just (about 30 minutes ago) ate about 20 to... (15415 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (11735 views)

Hamster has crusty eye. my hamster is 2 years old and a week ago i noticed his right eye has crusted over i... (10600 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (27284 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (10094 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (30893 views)

Light sensitivity in older cat. Jack, 12 years old, was diagnosed with CKD 6months ago and is having Hills... (12240 views)

Not well after vaccines. Had rabies distemper & bord shots fri Gave her frontline & heartguard yest night.... (11142 views)

Vomited up chew toy. My dog had diarrhea and threw up last night. She's crated at night and when I got... (23664 views)