Vomiting while in heat.

Breed: boxer
Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be vomitting?

No, vomiting is not a normal part of the heat cycle.

I would be looking for other causes. If your dog continues to vomit for more than 24 hours or if she seems really unwell then I would have a vet take a look at her.

You have checked off that your dog is 6-12 months old. If I was seeing vomiting during the heat of an older dog I would be worried about a serious infection in the uterus called pyometra. But, we rarely see this in dogs younger than two years old.

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (9539 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (26338 views)

Flea problems. WELL MY CAT HAD FLEA'S AND I DEFLEAD THE CAT THE PRODUCTS I USED TO DEFLEA MY CAT... (10226 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (10139 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (121728 views)

Allergic reaction to vaccines. He just got all his shots this morning and has been vomiting since and his face is... (13430 views)

Sore black lab? Hi, I have a 6 1/2 year old extremely active Black Lab named Miller. He loves to... (22757 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (6034 views)

Normal to cry when put to sleep? Two weeks ago I put my 18 and three quarter year old dog Bertie to sleep. He would... (19964 views)

Arthritis prevention. I have a VERY active 8-year-old German Wirehaired Pointer who LOVES to run. I know... (5828 views)