Vomiting while in heat.

Breed: boxer
Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be vomitting?

No, vomiting is not a normal part of the heat cycle.

I would be looking for other causes. If your dog continues to vomit for more than 24 hours or if she seems really unwell then I would have a vet take a look at her.

You have checked off that your dog is 6-12 months old. If I was seeing vomiting during the heat of an older dog I would be worried about a serious infection in the uterus called pyometra. But, we rarely see this in dogs younger than two years old.

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (27429 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (5994 views)

MRI for trouble standing? My dog Odie is paralyzed on the right side. No symptoms, no warnings, one night we... (10844 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (10658 views)

Lumps on belly Hello, Dr. Marie: I noticed some small bumps on my dog's bladder on/near the site... (17873 views)

Dog going blind. Our dog Vinnie started suddenly to become lethargic and then over a period of 4... (7865 views)

Dog died suddenly. Dr. Marie - We had a Yorkshire Terrier (would have been 12 years old in August).... (69342 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (53287 views)

Megaesophagus in a puppy. I have a 7 week old lab/pit mix puppy who has been throwing up her food since we got... (8823 views)

Should I help a sick vole? I know you only answer questions about dogs, cats, hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs,... (9572 views)