Vomiting while in heat.

Breed: boxer
Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be vomitting?

No, vomiting is not a normal part of the heat cycle.

I would be looking for other causes. If your dog continues to vomit for more than 24 hours or if she seems really unwell then I would have a vet take a look at her.

You have checked off that your dog is 6-12 months old. If I was seeing vomiting during the heat of an older dog I would be worried about a serious infection in the uterus called pyometra. But, we rarely see this in dogs younger than two years old.

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (12379 views)

Severe skin problems. My dog Leila started licking on 8/1/12. Her spots looked like hot spots on elbows... (6818 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (7778 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11269 views)

Does Prozac cause diarrhea in dogs? I want to know if continuing diarrhea is a possible side effect of prozac. My dog... (22104 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15973 views)

When to put down older dog. I know my dog is on the way out, she has cataracts, hearing is dim, legs are shaky,... (5983 views)

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (14061 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (9752 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (6443 views)