Vomiting while in heat.

Breed: boxer
Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be vomitting?

No, vomiting is not a normal part of the heat cycle.

I would be looking for other causes. If your dog continues to vomit for more than 24 hours or if she seems really unwell then I would have a vet take a look at her.

You have checked off that your dog is 6-12 months old. If I was seeing vomiting during the heat of an older dog I would be worried about a serious infection in the uterus called pyometra. But, we rarely see this in dogs younger than two years old.

Dog spay incision lump. My dog has a lump under her spay incision. I adopted Tiaa from a rescue group a... (84659 views)

Dog snaps when head touched. Dear Dr. Marie, Our 7 year old bichon frise has started new concerning behavior.... (6631 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (14264 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (5886 views)

Cat licks obsessively. My 4 year old cat has been doing a strange behavior for the last 1.5 years. He... (7424 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (17182 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (29612 views)

Corn in dog food. Is corn in dog food bad for him? And I also have a maltese that is 3 years old. Is... (4740 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (146928 views)

Dog bleeding from anus. My dog is slightly bleeding from her anus, but it isn't noticeable until she sits... (29769 views)