Can a dog adapt to a new home?

Breed: golden retriever
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The gist of my inquiry is about the adaptability of a golden. About three years ago I purchased and raised Aspen from a puppy. I was in flight school with the Navy at the time. The dog made great strides and was a joy to have. When a hurricane was coming through pensacola florida, I had no choice but to send the dog to my parents house to ensure her safety (I had to fly a helicopter out of the area). Now, she has been with my parents and their golden (Easton) for about 2 years (I had to deploy to the middle east for a year). Now I'm finally at a spot where I will be around for a while and wanted to get another dog. How hard would it be to bring my dog, Aspen, to my house in california? would she be able to handle the adjustment? And would it be the best thing for the dog, as she is happy with my parents. Thank you for you time.

Thanks for your question! I really do think that dogs adapt to change very easily. I have seen a great number of dogs that have had to leave one home to go to another and they always seem to do fine.

As far as whether she is best with you or your parents, I think only your family can answer that. But, I think that whatever you choose, Aspen will be ok.

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (11837 views)

Lump near spay incision. Dog has sore on paw looks like a circle and it's very tender to touch. It has... (22544 views)

Brewer's Yeast for fleas. Is brewers yeast and garlic a safe treatment for deterring fleas and ticks,... (17621 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (22141 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9501 views)

Diarrhea and increased appetite. We found a cat that we have decided to keep. We have had all his shots, Neutered and... (4815 views)

Dog peeing on furniture Skyler is 2 years old and is house broken but sometimes he will come back inside and... (8460 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (8134 views)

Dog can't pee after accident. brandy got ran over about 4 days ago,,, she is walking with a lamp,,, eating and... (14385 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (72012 views)