Can a dog adapt to a new home?

Breed: golden retriever
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The gist of my inquiry is about the adaptability of a golden. About three years ago I purchased and raised Aspen from a puppy. I was in flight school with the Navy at the time. The dog made great strides and was a joy to have. When a hurricane was coming through pensacola florida, I had no choice but to send the dog to my parents house to ensure her safety (I had to fly a helicopter out of the area). Now, she has been with my parents and their golden (Easton) for about 2 years (I had to deploy to the middle east for a year). Now I'm finally at a spot where I will be around for a while and wanted to get another dog. How hard would it be to bring my dog, Aspen, to my house in california? would she be able to handle the adjustment? And would it be the best thing for the dog, as she is happy with my parents. Thank you for you time.

Thanks for your question! I really do think that dogs adapt to change very easily. I have seen a great number of dogs that have had to leave one home to go to another and they always seem to do fine.

As far as whether she is best with you or your parents, I think only your family can answer that. But, I think that whatever you choose, Aspen will be ok.

Why is my dog limping? hello we have just woke up this morning and found my american bulldog limping on his... (42854 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (17471 views)

Chronic doxycycline use. How many weeks can I safely keep my pug on 100 mg daily of doxycycline... (15863 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (39598 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (30861 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (7782 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7722 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (10558 views)

Questions about Feliway. Am interested in buying Feliway for scratching but need to know the ingredients.... (19684 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (7446 views)