Can a dog adapt to a new home?

Breed: golden retriever
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The gist of my inquiry is about the adaptability of a golden. About three years ago I purchased and raised Aspen from a puppy. I was in flight school with the Navy at the time. The dog made great strides and was a joy to have. When a hurricane was coming through pensacola florida, I had no choice but to send the dog to my parents house to ensure her safety (I had to fly a helicopter out of the area). Now, she has been with my parents and their golden (Easton) for about 2 years (I had to deploy to the middle east for a year). Now I'm finally at a spot where I will be around for a while and wanted to get another dog. How hard would it be to bring my dog, Aspen, to my house in california? would she be able to handle the adjustment? And would it be the best thing for the dog, as she is happy with my parents. Thank you for you time.

Thanks for your question! I really do think that dogs adapt to change very easily. I have seen a great number of dogs that have had to leave one home to go to another and they always seem to do fine.

As far as whether she is best with you or your parents, I think only your family can answer that. But, I think that whatever you choose, Aspen will be ok.

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (17133 views)

Lump on kitten's chest. Hi I have a kitten and he has developped a very hard lump on his chest, its on... (30233 views)

Dog not eating i have a boxer labrador mix .his name is angus.because summer has started and the... (27446 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (7856 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (7735 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (13553 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (34989 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (10709 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (11637 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (12144 views)