Can a dog adapt to a new home?

Breed: golden retriever
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The gist of my inquiry is about the adaptability of a golden. About three years ago I purchased and raised Aspen from a puppy. I was in flight school with the Navy at the time. The dog made great strides and was a joy to have. When a hurricane was coming through pensacola florida, I had no choice but to send the dog to my parents house to ensure her safety (I had to fly a helicopter out of the area). Now, she has been with my parents and their golden (Easton) for about 2 years (I had to deploy to the middle east for a year). Now I'm finally at a spot where I will be around for a while and wanted to get another dog. How hard would it be to bring my dog, Aspen, to my house in california? would she be able to handle the adjustment? And would it be the best thing for the dog, as she is happy with my parents. Thank you for you time.

Thanks for your question! I really do think that dogs adapt to change very easily. I have seen a great number of dogs that have had to leave one home to go to another and they always seem to do fine.

As far as whether she is best with you or your parents, I think only your family can answer that. But, I think that whatever you choose, Aspen will be ok.

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (10518 views)

Lump on dog's chin. My dachshund has a bump on his lower lip that looks like a blood blister? Could it... (40853 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (48412 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (22350 views)

White tongue after neuter. My dog got neutered couple of days ago and seems to be recovering fine. He is eating... (10430 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (5136 views)

Peeing in house on lasix. My dog has collapsed trachea and also an enlarged heart that was pressing on his... (14144 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (7644 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8583 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (14119 views)