Can a dog adapt to a new home?

Breed: golden retriever
Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The gist of my inquiry is about the adaptability of a golden. About three years ago I purchased and raised Aspen from a puppy. I was in flight school with the Navy at the time. The dog made great strides and was a joy to have. When a hurricane was coming through pensacola florida, I had no choice but to send the dog to my parents house to ensure her safety (I had to fly a helicopter out of the area). Now, she has been with my parents and their golden (Easton) for about 2 years (I had to deploy to the middle east for a year). Now I'm finally at a spot where I will be around for a while and wanted to get another dog. How hard would it be to bring my dog, Aspen, to my house in california? would she be able to handle the adjustment? And would it be the best thing for the dog, as she is happy with my parents. Thank you for you time.

Thanks for your question! I really do think that dogs adapt to change very easily. I have seen a great number of dogs that have had to leave one home to go to another and they always seem to do fine.

As far as whether she is best with you or your parents, I think only your family can answer that. But, I think that whatever you choose, Aspen will be ok.

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10104 views)

Albendazole for dogs. Can I use Albendazole to deworm my puppy? I have something called Valbazen. Thank... (42359 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11272 views)

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8210 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (38442 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (22867 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (6065 views)

Stuffed up nose. Dear Vet, We have a 12 year old Australian Shepard, 80 pound male. He is not having... (10621 views)

Anxious cat - medicine? Hello, My Cat Guen shows MANY attention seeking behaviors. She chews chords,... (20157 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (8958 views)