Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (9335 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (10548 views)

Cat has flaky skin. My Maine Coon, Nino has had flaky skin for quite awhile. I had him at the vet a few... (15795 views)

Dasuquin causing allergies. About 5 months ago, my dog injured his leg during a walk. I took him to the vet &... (16883 views)

Sudden pain in dog. I have a nine year old female black lab mix, Polly. When I adopted her, I was... (9328 views)

Dog with phlegm from mouth hi my dog has thick phlegm like mucus coming out of his mout has seemed ill for the... (65018 views)

Stop dog fighting. Hi I have 3 dogs and the one dog is a bit pushy towards the other dogs, she will... (6400 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (12677 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (16227 views)

Itchy dog. Hi Dr Marie, Recall my email a couple of weeks ago about Max and his... (10538 views)