Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (5750 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (6699 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18173 views)

First heat cycle in dogs. when do chiuahuahs have their first heat... (8393 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (6737 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (20404 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (10612 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (51103 views)

Slimy white stuff in urine. Last night my cat urinated on the couch. That's abnormal on it's own but, in... (27894 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (7839 views)