Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (10707 views)

Cat is very quiet. My cat is a neutered male who has just turned two years old. He is an indoor/outdoor... (22083 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10053 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (6136 views)

Won't nurse puppies One week ago our Yorkie Maya had a litter of puppies. She gave birth to seven... (48328 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4912 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (30414 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11082 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6126 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (8781 views)