Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (45228 views)

Lethargic cat My cat has been lethargic for a couple days. Noticed yesterday afternoon. She... (16440 views)

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (5763 views)

Questions about spay. I have an appointment to get Gracie spayed on the 17th and had a few questions. ... (15125 views)

Cat with weeping skin. I have a young cat (about a year and a half) that I found (and finally managed to... (7542 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (7558 views)

Gentamycin and deafness? Hope you can help with my question. I have a 11 year old cat named Emma, that has... (4651 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (6839 views)

Itchy scrotum after grooming. Our dog is constantly licking his area where his testicles used to be (he is... (23857 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (14047 views)