Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (31907 views)

Cat doesn't want to move. My cats bio: July was infested with fleas. Took two months to totally rid them from... (7035 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (14057 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (6544 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (13630 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (10124 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15128 views)

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (22198 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (33330 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (9174 views)