Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (15404 views)

Patches of hair loss on snout. Hi, my dog Penelope has started to develop a patch of hair loss on the right side of... (19198 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (16534 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (222000 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (6420 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5624 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (8255 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (6601 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (9031 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45341 views)