Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (7154 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (15949 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (8322 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16385 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (21591 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (33875 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (66938 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (15746 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5726 views)

Aspirin and Lasix? Hello. My regular vet is out of town and my dog is in a lot of pain. He's thirteen... (10043 views)