Pattern baldness in dogs.

Breed: Boston terrier mix
I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be losing his fur on his stomach and behind his front and back legs. His stomach is almost bare of fur now and I was just wondering if it is possible a skin condition or something else and what I should and can do for him. I have only had him for a year and half and therefore am not sure if something like this may have happened in the past. Any insight into his fur loss would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you so much for your time,
Sarah

This can be very normal, especially in a Boston. Bostons are a breed that can actually get something similar to male pattern baldness. You may also notice hair loss on the legs as well.

I'm not worried about this unless you notice that the skin is red or itchy.

Unfortunately there is really nothing that can be done.

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (116408 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (20320 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11186 views)

Constipation or megacolon? We having been treating sassy for constipation issues for almost 3 yrs with 1.5... (4982 views)

Dog walking in circles my mother in laws dog just started acting real sick today he cant stand up or when... (27056 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (6535 views)

Rapid wheezing in a cat. My family adopted a cat from the humane society almost a year ago. When we got her... (10963 views)

Cat having trouble urinating. I have a cat, a very lively talkative cat, who is displaying health problems. She... (7156 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9260 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13569 views)