Third eyelids in cats.

Breed: short hair
my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i need help..pls tell me what i should do..and it is dangerous?

Are you seeing something that looks like this?

third eyelids on a cat

If so, this is something called haws syndrome. It usually means that there is some inflammation in the cat's intestines. The most common reason is parasites (usually tapeworms), so it would be a great idea to deworm your cat with a good tapeworm dewormer for cats.

Do the eyes look red? Is Omayah squinting in the eye? If this is the case then there may be an infection or even a scratch on the eye. These can be quite serious. If you think this is what is going on then your cat should see a vet right away.

Running with puppy. I recently adopted a 14 month old Airedale. he is neutered, in good health and is a... (4314 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (6215 views)

Excessive drooling. My Puggle started drooling a few days ago and I assumed she had gotten a red ant or... (20015 views)

Pine bedding and gerbils. Hi, We noticed that our gerbil was lethargic, eyes closed, breathing rapidly. I... (6666 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (6633 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (54084 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (5929 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (8377 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (12842 views)

Lump on paw pad. Hi Dr. Marie! Baileys is a patient of yours at Beechwood Animal Hospital. We were... (39428 views)