Third eyelids in cats.

Breed: short hair
my cat having an eye problem...her eye close half by some kind of white thing...i need help..pls tell me what i should do..and it is dangerous?

Are you seeing something that looks like this?

third eyelids on a cat

If so, this is something called haws syndrome. It usually means that there is some inflammation in the cat's intestines. The most common reason is parasites (usually tapeworms), so it would be a great idea to deworm your cat with a good tapeworm dewormer for cats.

Do the eyes look red? Is Omayah squinting in the eye? If this is the case then there may be an infection or even a scratch on the eye. These can be quite serious. If you think this is what is going on then your cat should see a vet right away.

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (21155 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (18587 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (45737 views)

Why is cat urinating in the house? Hi Dr. Marie, Recently, my one cat Habibi has started urinating outside of the... (5046 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (11799 views)

Dog chewing feet. I was told that if your irishwolfhound chew his back paws this means a heart... (9810 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (6112 views)

Dog with masticatory myositis. hi my dog has had masticatory myositis last jan and again in april and now has it... (9765 views)

Deaf and pooping in house. My cat is now about 15 years old and is in relatively good condition apart from the... (10228 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (9909 views)