Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7085 views)

Pomeranian in pain. I have a 4 year old pom. All of a sudden, 3 weeks ago he started having abdominal... (14272 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (7376 views)

Intestinal lymphoma. Hello Dr. Marie Our Jack Russell/Pug mixed breed dog Charlie is 6 yrs old and has... (14788 views)

Dog with bad breath. im from philippines, i really sleep at bed every night with my dog.the problem is, i... (9068 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (4372 views)

Cleansing diet for dogs? I've just heard about the Chinese dog treat scare, and I'm going to check all my... (4506 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (5838 views)

Genetic defects in a puppy. my dog has tapeworms and she gave birth to four puppies.one was born really skinny... (9621 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (53305 views)