Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Dog ate foam padding. Hi Dr, At 9pm last nite Max chewed open an office chair. He managed to swallow... (94918 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (10333 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (7951 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (10749 views)

Perianal fistula Dear Dr Marie, My baby doggie, Mushka, has developed small pimple-sized boils... (21936 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (12110 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (7036 views)

Watery eyes. Minnie's eyes are very watery, she can't seem to keep them open and her nose is... (10326 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9247 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14045 views)