Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (17358 views)

New hamster tips. Ok well im getting a hamster tomorrow and i had one a few years ago. a few years ago... (7721 views)

Pus filled lump on boxer. Hello, About four days ago, we noticed what looked like a cut on our male boxer's... (4978 views)

Dog urinating in the house. I really need help, i have a dog that is now one and a half years old, hes a cross... (8739 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10220 views)

Dog with allergies. Dr, I'm afraid Max's allergies are getting the better of him. Symptom... (6361 views)

Benadryl for swollen snout? my dogs face around the snout has become swollen not sure why but im guessing its... (19673 views)

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (13694 views)

Anxious at night time. Okay, So this is a slightly weird question but it is one that is extremely... (29215 views)

Severe arthritis and leaking urine. Hi we have a 13 year old dog with long term hip dysplasia. he has cartrophen once a... (11667 views)