Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Dog shaking head. My dog is thought to have ear mites (I thought this only happened to outside dogs??)... (14473 views)

Dog can't stand. Vera is unable to stand on her back legs. She also cannot climb on to sofas or... (10620 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (9796 views)

Brown spots on belly. Hello, I have a five year old Pomeranian mix (25lbs). Within the last few weeks I... (16889 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (15109 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (12385 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (7364 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (49743 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7523 views)

Fearful puppy? I just adopted a new puppy from a man who owned a farm. he had a few dogs and they... (7330 views)