Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (53689 views)

Revolution and fleas my dogs are treated with frontline and we brought home a kitten that was treated... (14960 views)

Dog has itchy lumps my dog has lumps on her body and are a bit... (10935 views)

Diarrhea from sour milk? my kittens have had diahria from my mom cats sour milk 2 weeks. I have given them... (14906 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (4844 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11222 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (9841 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (7458 views)

Licking his penis. my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and... (10014 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (4480 views)