Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens.

Breed: domestic short hair
hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely move they act as if they have broken necks, their always laying down and flipping and breath very heavy and holding their head sideways, the third kitten has lazy eyes but walks just fine. the fourth kitten seems very happy and is always playing. what do you recemend i should do to help the first three i mentioned i feel very bad, and was hoping their was something else i could do to help besides putting them down, oh and they all have great appetites.

I am wondering if some of your kittens have a condition called cerebellar hypoplasia. This is a condition that can happen when a cat catches a virus called panleukopenia while she is pregnant. The virus affects the growing brain of the fetuses.

The good news is that cats with cerebellar hypoplasia can live quite healthy lives and do not need to be euthanized.

I'd encourage you to watch the following video:

And here is a video of a kitten with cerebellar hypoplasia:

If you don't think this is what your kittens have then I would highly encourage a vet visit to see if the vet can determine what is going on.

I hope they do ok!

Paralyzed dog. O.K, here is the deal. Our dog Sadie was diagnosed with a ruptured disc (L2) I... (44334 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (51500 views)

Arsenic in Rawhides? I've given my dogs rawhides for years with no problems--usually 1-2/day. They enjoy... (6917 views)

Coughing older dog. Parker is a slightly smaller than average Wheaten mix who has been overweight most... (5408 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (43039 views)

Dog is shaking I can't afford to bring my dog to the vet. I would like to know my dog has a lack of... (81723 views)

Run over by car. we have a small part pomeranian dog, she old, but not sure how old. she was... (10731 views)

Metronidazole for cats alternative? My 16-hr-old neutered male cat is diabetic (since 2008) Was recently prescribed... (11507 views)

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (5964 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (7879 views)