Kitten is walking funny.

Breed: Not sure mixed
Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking strangely and having a difficult time getting up to where she eats which normally was not an issue, I don't know what to do, I have 2 older cats and I'm wondering if one of them hurt her trying to play or if I need to be seriously concerned. My boyfriend and I have tested out touching her back legs and she doesn't squirm or cry out. I really appreciate any feedback. I love my animals and I don't want to let something serious go over looked. She hesitates before jumping, walks with a wide stance and very low in the back, when trying to run after something she loses balance and her back portion falls to the ground. She was never like this until recently. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Abby is not doing well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your cat.

It sounds like you are saying that she is having trouble jumping up and is also walking strangely.

There are a number of possibilities for these symptoms. It is definitely possible that she has injured her back. She may have also injured her hip or pelivis. In a small cat it is very easy to have an injury like this if she was perhaps stepped on.

If you have other cats it is possible that one of the cats has bitten her and she has an infection in the muscle of one of her legs. If this is the case then she should also be lethargic and not eating well.

If this has gone on for more than 24 hours then I think the best thing would be to have your vet check her out. I hope she is ok!

Is it ok to shave a cat? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 4th time writing to... (11264 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (25536 views)

Euthanasia because of seizures. I am having extreme guilt over putting my baby down 3 days ago and I wanted a second... (25121 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (10246 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (9582 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9777 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (23500 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (10845 views)

Itchy legs. Kirsty was diagnosed with a skin allergey just after one year which has been... (4922 views)

Mange treatment. Dr. Marie: My dog has demodectic mange. We give her Promeris, but it makes her... (15603 views)