Kitten is walking funny.

Breed: Not sure mixed
Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking strangely and having a difficult time getting up to where she eats which normally was not an issue, I don't know what to do, I have 2 older cats and I'm wondering if one of them hurt her trying to play or if I need to be seriously concerned. My boyfriend and I have tested out touching her back legs and she doesn't squirm or cry out. I really appreciate any feedback. I love my animals and I don't want to let something serious go over looked. She hesitates before jumping, walks with a wide stance and very low in the back, when trying to run after something she loses balance and her back portion falls to the ground. She was never like this until recently. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Abby is not doing well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your cat.

It sounds like you are saying that she is having trouble jumping up and is also walking strangely.

There are a number of possibilities for these symptoms. It is definitely possible that she has injured her back. She may have also injured her hip or pelivis. In a small cat it is very easy to have an injury like this if she was perhaps stepped on.

If you have other cats it is possible that one of the cats has bitten her and she has an infection in the muscle of one of her legs. If this is the case then she should also be lethargic and not eating well.

If this has gone on for more than 24 hours then I think the best thing would be to have your vet check her out. I hope she is ok!

Albendazole for puppy? Long story short my little over 3 month old puppy has Giardia. Sidenote: she goes... (8731 views)

Lyme vaccine and testing. Hi, I took missy to the vet yesterday for her lyme vaccination booster shot and then... (11588 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6520 views)

Coughing chihuahua My chihuahua has had an intermittent cough since roughly last year when she had most... (14590 views)

Mildly increased ALP. My dog's routine blood work shows an alkaline phosaphate level of 159. The vet is... (6962 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (7737 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (11054 views)

Panleukopenia vaccine. we have two 12 week old kittens. last week we looked after two 7 week old kittens... (8232 views)

Dog has lump on top of head. My great dane will be 1 year old on Dec.10th, 2010. We had gotten him from a... (31981 views)

Can dogs eat fruits and vegetables? Can dogs eat vegatbles or fruits. Thank... (10661 views)