Kitten is walking funny.

Breed: Not sure mixed
Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking strangely and having a difficult time getting up to where she eats which normally was not an issue, I don't know what to do, I have 2 older cats and I'm wondering if one of them hurt her trying to play or if I need to be seriously concerned. My boyfriend and I have tested out touching her back legs and she doesn't squirm or cry out. I really appreciate any feedback. I love my animals and I don't want to let something serious go over looked. She hesitates before jumping, walks with a wide stance and very low in the back, when trying to run after something she loses balance and her back portion falls to the ground. She was never like this until recently. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Abby is not doing well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your cat.

It sounds like you are saying that she is having trouble jumping up and is also walking strangely.

There are a number of possibilities for these symptoms. It is definitely possible that she has injured her back. She may have also injured her hip or pelivis. In a small cat it is very easy to have an injury like this if she was perhaps stepped on.

If you have other cats it is possible that one of the cats has bitten her and she has an infection in the muscle of one of her legs. If this is the case then she should also be lethargic and not eating well.

If this has gone on for more than 24 hours then I think the best thing would be to have your vet check her out. I hope she is ok!

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (9770 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (21043 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (12049 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (21997 views)

Goopy eyes. My kittens eyes are BOTH gooping up a lot. I do not know if it is an infection, or... (8403 views)

Kitten with white gums. My kitten is 8 weeks old she just wants to lay around she was playing with the other... (17584 views)

Did Frontline Fail? I found a flea (or what I thought it was a flea about 2 months ago. I remembered I... (3776 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (14643 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (23299 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (14150 views)