Kitten is walking funny.

Breed: Not sure mixed
Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking strangely and having a difficult time getting up to where she eats which normally was not an issue, I don't know what to do, I have 2 older cats and I'm wondering if one of them hurt her trying to play or if I need to be seriously concerned. My boyfriend and I have tested out touching her back legs and she doesn't squirm or cry out. I really appreciate any feedback. I love my animals and I don't want to let something serious go over looked. She hesitates before jumping, walks with a wide stance and very low in the back, when trying to run after something she loses balance and her back portion falls to the ground. She was never like this until recently. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Abby is not doing well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your cat.

It sounds like you are saying that she is having trouble jumping up and is also walking strangely.

There are a number of possibilities for these symptoms. It is definitely possible that she has injured her back. She may have also injured her hip or pelivis. In a small cat it is very easy to have an injury like this if she was perhaps stepped on.

If you have other cats it is possible that one of the cats has bitten her and she has an infection in the muscle of one of her legs. If this is the case then she should also be lethargic and not eating well.

If this has gone on for more than 24 hours then I think the best thing would be to have your vet check her out. I hope she is ok!

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (6051 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (86535 views)

Arthritis medicines for cats. Please tell me what you use for daily dose meloxicam for 12 pound 15 yr old cat.... (5004 views)

Did my cat suffer? Last Tuesday night one of our cats went outside. He never reappeared. My boyfriend... (9097 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (6368 views)

Did convenia cause death? Dear Dr. Marie, My beloved pet has died just seven days after receiving a shot of... (9462 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (14872 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (107134 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (4281 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (6656 views)