Kitten is walking funny.

Breed: Not sure mixed
Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking strangely and having a difficult time getting up to where she eats which normally was not an issue, I don't know what to do, I have 2 older cats and I'm wondering if one of them hurt her trying to play or if I need to be seriously concerned. My boyfriend and I have tested out touching her back legs and she doesn't squirm or cry out. I really appreciate any feedback. I love my animals and I don't want to let something serious go over looked. She hesitates before jumping, walks with a wide stance and very low in the back, when trying to run after something she loses balance and her back portion falls to the ground. She was never like this until recently. Thank you.

Sorry to hear that Abby is not doing well. This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your cat.

It sounds like you are saying that she is having trouble jumping up and is also walking strangely.

There are a number of possibilities for these symptoms. It is definitely possible that she has injured her back. She may have also injured her hip or pelivis. In a small cat it is very easy to have an injury like this if she was perhaps stepped on.

If you have other cats it is possible that one of the cats has bitten her and she has an infection in the muscle of one of her legs. If this is the case then she should also be lethargic and not eating well.

If this has gone on for more than 24 hours then I think the best thing would be to have your vet check her out. I hope she is ok!

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4234 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (18397 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5190 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (10193 views)

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12193 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (25377 views)

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5745 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (29805 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (23176 views)

Open sore with black center. My dog has an open soar on her back a little bit smaller then a pencil eraser. In... (19016 views)