Cat died after intestinal surgery.

Breed: FEMALE/TORI
Hi, I tried to send email this morning but some how pay pal didn't take me to right page so I typed my question on the free one,,i finally got an email back from paypal giving me this link so just ignore other on free one I will retype here...ty..My beloved cat Cami died this morning..she had intestine surgey 2 days ago she was very sick..all blood work liver, kidney, lung ok..also tested for pancritis it was negative, no diabetes, ultra sound done showed blockage they said did not look like cancer..so I was ok with surgery...surgery done Wednesday morning dr had to resection intestine part of it was dead she never seen one quite like this she said very tight could hardly get sissor under/in the area...so I was happy my girl had made it through surgery they gave her fluids/pain meds and force fed her...they let me take her home wed evening because she had had a bm even though runny that was better than none at all....sent me home with pain med tordorol and clavimox ...called yesterday fri morning cause she had thrown up twice but she said she was very sick so it make take her awhile needs rest..i asked them bout pain cause I didn't know if she was in pain and still needed it...they said just wean her off it last pill I gave her was thur night........My question did I cause my cat to die because I had not given her anymore pain med??..I feel so guilty because I wonder was the pain so unbearable that she died..she had not been moaning or whinging in fact I thought she felt alittl bit better even though I was still force feeding her and she was to weak to walk around which I thought might had been from pain med..so I just kept towel under her so I could clean her up when she wet but it was still runny bm until this morning.,Around 5:50 am this morning she woke me up moaning so I jumped up and at first I though she must of been hurting cause I seen the poop which was not runny a little solid and where she had pee..but then I realized she was dying and I know cats always loose their bm when dying , she was moaning, grownaing, I was horrified but I just sit there with her talking softly trying to keep her comfortable..but she was suffering and flicking her tongue like she couldn't breath..omg its horrible and I am crying writing this...time of death 6:35 until her suffering ended..I have 4 other cats and I never want to make this mistake again if it was because I hadn't given her enough pain med...fyi the resection of intestine the dr did was not because of an object she didn't know what caused it to block like that because she had never had anyother surgery other than spay...the dr was great I don't blame them for anything because I was given choices each step we took from the bloodwork forward, I couldmt call to ask them today about the pain med they closed and don't offer after hours emergencey....I just need to know would she have lived if I had given more pain med?...thanks for letting me chatter on...I don't really have family or friends that are animal lovers like I am....I know its a cat but all my animals are like family to me and she will be missed dearly by me and my son.

Oh, I am sorry to hear about Cami. Situations like this are always so tragic.

I would like to say right away that Cami's death is definitely not because you did not give pain medication. That would not cause her to die. While I can't tell you exactly why she died, it sounds like whatever she had was extremely serious. Usually if there are intestines that need to be resected it is because there is some type of foreign object present. However, if there was no foreign object there then I wonder about something like a blood clot affecting some of the blood supply to the intestines. This type of thing only happens in cats that have a serious problem such as a hidden heart problem.

It sounds like everyone including you and your vets did everything that should have been done. I know that this must have been a very difficult situation for you but please know that you did not cause Cami's death.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (14117 views)

Ear cropping for boxers? should a boxers ear be cut off or let them grow? and my pets name is not any of your... (8706 views)

Bumps on dog's chin. my dog has some bumps under her mouth and one on the side of her mouth. they were... (33183 views)

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (9379 views)

Peeing orange and losing weight. I have a village dog, I think he is dying, I don't know what to do. I always feed... (17787 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (7560 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9850 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7730 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (16210 views)

Cat losing weight. My cat is only about 2 years, she is female. She recently got sick, she started off... (9745 views)