Dog ate M&M's.

Breed: Dachsund
My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

The amount of chocolate in a package of m&m's is actually very little. Most of this is sugar.

According to my research a regular sized bag of m&m's contains 1.69 oz. Now, not all of this is chocolate, but let's assume it is.

According to my chocolate toxicity calculator, if a 20 lb dog eats 1.69 oz of milk chocolate there is no expected risk of toxicity.

You might notice some mild stomach upset because of the sugar.

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (7367 views)

Dog scratching and biting. My dog has recently started scratching and biting at himself excessively, I have... (16196 views)

Can't urinate after neuter. My boy cat was castrated yesterday he has been trying to wee but there is no wee... (6881 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (15772 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate candy. Bo ate an 8 oz. package of See's chocolate brittle (12 one inch pieces of toffee... (6920 views)

White bumps on anus. Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are quite busy with all your other questions and I am... (16971 views)

Coughing. Antifungals. My seven year old, male Lab cross, Nero, has a strange condition that I have not... (6222 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (18573 views)

Foods unsafe for dogs? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 6 year old Shih Tzu. I have given him human food his... (7692 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (11163 views)