Dog ate M&M's.

Breed: Dachsund
My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

The amount of chocolate in a package of m&m's is actually very little. Most of this is sugar.

According to my research a regular sized bag of m&m's contains 1.69 oz. Now, not all of this is chocolate, but let's assume it is.

According to my chocolate toxicity calculator, if a 20 lb dog eats 1.69 oz of milk chocolate there is no expected risk of toxicity.

You might notice some mild stomach upset because of the sugar.

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (239384 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (10919 views)

Kitten died. Hello I work at the humane society. We recently adopted out a 13 week old long... (7528 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (6283 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (18636 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (9794 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (42271 views)

Puppy with hard lump on throat my dog has a hard lump on the side of his throat what could it be it is hard does... (17746 views)

Dog's nails are breaking. My dog is about 10 years old and shows no signs of any illness. Recently, her nails... (8402 views)

Bleeding from penis won't stop. I have a british bulldog who began bleeding from his penis a week ago. Took him to... (40316 views)