Dog ate M&M's.

Breed: Dachsund
My 20 pound dachsund just ate a pack of M&M chocolate!!! Will he die? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

The amount of chocolate in a package of m&m's is actually very little. Most of this is sugar.

According to my research a regular sized bag of m&m's contains 1.69 oz. Now, not all of this is chocolate, but let's assume it is.

According to my chocolate toxicity calculator, if a 20 lb dog eats 1.69 oz of milk chocolate there is no expected risk of toxicity.

You might notice some mild stomach upset because of the sugar.

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (13939 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (20231 views)

Sneezing dog. I have two yorkiepoo's that were around a dog that had distemper parvo ( he was not... (14568 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (55105 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (9576 views)

Vacuolar hepatopathy. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's elevated bile acid... (23575 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (30815 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (8441 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (6906 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (7207 views)