Prozac for submissive peeing?

Breed: Malteese/Yorkie mix
My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also has a huge issue with submissive peeing. I've taken her to several sessions of training to help with her self asteam. I've followed all the suggestions i've found on how to stop the submissive peeing but nothing works. I've been reading about prozac helping for these type of behaviors. Would it be possible to get a perscription from you on line or do i need to see a veterinarian? I've been able to keep her vacinations up to date with clinics.

Hi Debi,

Unfortunately I am not legally allowed to prescribe medication online. You will need to see a veterinarian to get any prescription medication for Bella.

There is a newer form of Prozac available for dogs called Reconcile. I have found that it works quite well for a number of different behavior problems. It usually works best in conjunction with training.

Also, has Bella been spayed? If not done, sometimes this can help as hormones can cause all sorts of issues.

Another good idea would be to have your vet do some tests on her urine just to make sure there is no medical issue. It certainly sounds like it is all behavioral, but I have had some cases where a medical issue such as a kidney problem or bladder stones made a behavioral problem worse.

Hopefully she is able to see a vet and hopefully the Reconcile makes a big difference!

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (7548 views)

Dog ate dark chocolate. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old dachshund. She consumed 2 and 1/2 pieces of... (9288 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (9298 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (4268 views)

Puppy with diarrhea My 14 week old Aussie, Max, had a pretty sudden case of diarrhea, today. I took him... (12131 views)

Redo rabies vaccine? Can a dog get a rabies shot twice? I am waiting for the previous owners to get me... (26629 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (13282 views)

Chronic pancreatitis flareup. Kasma is currently being treated for chronic pancreatitis...she's been on... (6429 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (13722 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (18473 views)