Prozac for submissive peeing?

Breed: Malteese/Yorkie mix
My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also has a huge issue with submissive peeing. I've taken her to several sessions of training to help with her self asteam. I've followed all the suggestions i've found on how to stop the submissive peeing but nothing works. I've been reading about prozac helping for these type of behaviors. Would it be possible to get a perscription from you on line or do i need to see a veterinarian? I've been able to keep her vacinations up to date with clinics.

Hi Debi,

Unfortunately I am not legally allowed to prescribe medication online. You will need to see a veterinarian to get any prescription medication for Bella.

There is a newer form of Prozac available for dogs called Reconcile. I have found that it works quite well for a number of different behavior problems. It usually works best in conjunction with training.

Also, has Bella been spayed? If not done, sometimes this can help as hormones can cause all sorts of issues.

Another good idea would be to have your vet do some tests on her urine just to make sure there is no medical issue. It certainly sounds like it is all behavioral, but I have had some cases where a medical issue such as a kidney problem or bladder stones made a behavioral problem worse.

Hopefully she is able to see a vet and hopefully the Reconcile makes a big difference!

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (42527 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (64097 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (13291 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (15093 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (10628 views)

Children's shampoo for dog? okay so my sister used a kids brand of shampoo for my new puppy who is 6 weeks old... (13918 views)

Surgery needed for cruciate tear? Hello again Dr. Marie, you seem like a compassionate and caring person, so I would... (4789 views)

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (8247 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (16606 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (11280 views)