Prozac for submissive peeing?

Breed: Malteese/Yorkie mix
My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also has a huge issue with submissive peeing. I've taken her to several sessions of training to help with her self asteam. I've followed all the suggestions i've found on how to stop the submissive peeing but nothing works. I've been reading about prozac helping for these type of behaviors. Would it be possible to get a perscription from you on line or do i need to see a veterinarian? I've been able to keep her vacinations up to date with clinics.

Hi Debi,

Unfortunately I am not legally allowed to prescribe medication online. You will need to see a veterinarian to get any prescription medication for Bella.

There is a newer form of Prozac available for dogs called Reconcile. I have found that it works quite well for a number of different behavior problems. It usually works best in conjunction with training.

Also, has Bella been spayed? If not done, sometimes this can help as hormones can cause all sorts of issues.

Another good idea would be to have your vet do some tests on her urine just to make sure there is no medical issue. It certainly sounds like it is all behavioral, but I have had some cases where a medical issue such as a kidney problem or bladder stones made a behavioral problem worse.

Hopefully she is able to see a vet and hopefully the Reconcile makes a big difference!

Ear infection and FIV. Hi, I got Monty from a rescue home 5 months ago. he is an fiv + cat and looked so... (5764 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (15021 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (9997 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (28961 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (15220 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (178733 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (30978 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (28715 views)

Licking foot. In April 2010, I took my 8 year old collie for his yearly shots. About a week later,... (7778 views)

Boxer splitting open tail. I have a 2 year old boxer and she keeps splitting her tail open is it necessary to... (5645 views)