Prozac for submissive peeing?

Breed: Malteese/Yorkie mix
My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also has a huge issue with submissive peeing. I've taken her to several sessions of training to help with her self asteam. I've followed all the suggestions i've found on how to stop the submissive peeing but nothing works. I've been reading about prozac helping for these type of behaviors. Would it be possible to get a perscription from you on line or do i need to see a veterinarian? I've been able to keep her vacinations up to date with clinics.

Hi Debi,

Unfortunately I am not legally allowed to prescribe medication online. You will need to see a veterinarian to get any prescription medication for Bella.

There is a newer form of Prozac available for dogs called Reconcile. I have found that it works quite well for a number of different behavior problems. It usually works best in conjunction with training.

Also, has Bella been spayed? If not done, sometimes this can help as hormones can cause all sorts of issues.

Another good idea would be to have your vet do some tests on her urine just to make sure there is no medical issue. It certainly sounds like it is all behavioral, but I have had some cases where a medical issue such as a kidney problem or bladder stones made a behavioral problem worse.

Hopefully she is able to see a vet and hopefully the Reconcile makes a big difference!

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7873 views)

Mesenchymal tumor Need some input. My dog (she's 6)had developed a small lump/bump on her head above... (8786 views)

Trouble urinating after neuter surgery. Hi Dr, Max was neutered yesterday at 10 am. The nurses said he went to pee 2... (60233 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (5931 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (57591 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (9398 views)

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (44247 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (10555 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (21335 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35822 views)