Prozac for submissive peeing?

Breed: Malteese/Yorkie mix
My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also has a huge issue with submissive peeing. I've taken her to several sessions of training to help with her self asteam. I've followed all the suggestions i've found on how to stop the submissive peeing but nothing works. I've been reading about prozac helping for these type of behaviors. Would it be possible to get a perscription from you on line or do i need to see a veterinarian? I've been able to keep her vacinations up to date with clinics.

Hi Debi,

Unfortunately I am not legally allowed to prescribe medication online. You will need to see a veterinarian to get any prescription medication for Bella.

There is a newer form of Prozac available for dogs called Reconcile. I have found that it works quite well for a number of different behavior problems. It usually works best in conjunction with training.

Also, has Bella been spayed? If not done, sometimes this can help as hormones can cause all sorts of issues.

Another good idea would be to have your vet do some tests on her urine just to make sure there is no medical issue. It certainly sounds like it is all behavioral, but I have had some cases where a medical issue such as a kidney problem or bladder stones made a behavioral problem worse.

Hopefully she is able to see a vet and hopefully the Reconcile makes a big difference!

Sick shih tzu Hello, I have a question about my 2 and a half year old shit-zu. yesterday, after... (13453 views)

Dog drinking and panting lots. my dog has been drinking and panting a lot since i changed his dog food last summer.... (10506 views)

Sore leg in a cat. I recently moved from a ranch house to townhouse(steps) in another city. Winston is... (25883 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (33963 views)

dog with red eye Hello, I have a 2 year old male lab pit mix, fr a couple his left eye has been... (20698 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (8866 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (7991 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (9999 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (13494 views)

Drooling and twitching. My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The... (11298 views)