What are these little brown bugs.

Breed: i dotn know i just
hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber what she is :) we were at our farm outside of edmonton and she along with my other dog muffy , theywent under a older building and came out with TONS of these little browne bugs and i dont know what to do i have bathed them thoroly and they are still there!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks veary much, hope to hear form you right away :)

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question.

The most common parasite that you would see on your pets are fleas. Fleas are only 1-2 mm long and crawl or jump on the skin. Often with fleas you can see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks of dandruff.

Another possibility is ticks. Ticks are bigger than fleas - usually around the size of your little finger nail or possibly a little smaller. However, usually to get this many ticks you would have to be living in an area that has a LOT of ticks and I don't believe Edmonton has a tick problem.

Another possibility is chiggers. These look like little tiny ticks.

Lice are possible as well, although not that common.

It would be a great idea to use a flea and tick product such as Frontline or Revolution. Some parasites like lice can be killed with over the counter flea products. However, these products don't work well for fleas.

Another great idea would be to collect one of the bugs and drop by your vet's office to ask them what it is.

Hope all goes well!

Drinking and urinating more. my dog is drinking so much water lately.and she is also leaving large wet spots on... (7812 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (41004 views)

Cat vomited 5 times. I came home this morning and i found about 5 vomit spots in my living room. when i... (43454 views)

URTI in diabetic cat. Buster is a 14 year old male who weighs 16 pounds. He has had diabetes for 2-1/2... (13009 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (74292 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (5641 views)

Dog waking every 2 hours. Our dog gets congested, breathes through his mouth, his mouth dries out and he wants... (30386 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6845 views)

Dog leaking urine. Good Evening. Charlot is a rescued dog so I do know his history prior to his new... (14175 views)

Do cats taste sweet? Dr. Marie, This is really more of a general question than a question about my pet... (23387 views)