What are these little brown bugs.

Breed: i dotn know i just
hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber what she is :) we were at our farm outside of edmonton and she along with my other dog muffy , theywent under a older building and came out with TONS of these little browne bugs and i dont know what to do i have bathed them thoroly and they are still there!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks veary much, hope to hear form you right away :)

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question.

The most common parasite that you would see on your pets are fleas. Fleas are only 1-2 mm long and crawl or jump on the skin. Often with fleas you can see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks of dandruff.

Another possibility is ticks. Ticks are bigger than fleas - usually around the size of your little finger nail or possibly a little smaller. However, usually to get this many ticks you would have to be living in an area that has a LOT of ticks and I don't believe Edmonton has a tick problem.

Another possibility is chiggers. These look like little tiny ticks.

Lice are possible as well, although not that common.

It would be a great idea to use a flea and tick product such as Frontline or Revolution. Some parasites like lice can be killed with over the counter flea products. However, these products don't work well for fleas.

Another great idea would be to collect one of the bugs and drop by your vet's office to ask them what it is.

Hope all goes well!

Coughing Dog. my dog is coffing all of a suden and hes haveing trouble breathing but hes acting as... (14915 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (5821 views)

Coughing and not eating chihuahua My 3 year old chihuahua has been going downhill for about 2 weeks. Last week he... (8254 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (8050 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6969 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (681644 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (18895 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7387 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (6068 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7875 views)