What are these little brown bugs.

Breed: i dotn know i just
hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber what she is :) we were at our farm outside of edmonton and she along with my other dog muffy , theywent under a older building and came out with TONS of these little browne bugs and i dont know what to do i have bathed them thoroly and they are still there!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks veary much, hope to hear form you right away :)

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question.

The most common parasite that you would see on your pets are fleas. Fleas are only 1-2 mm long and crawl or jump on the skin. Often with fleas you can see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks of dandruff.

Another possibility is ticks. Ticks are bigger than fleas - usually around the size of your little finger nail or possibly a little smaller. However, usually to get this many ticks you would have to be living in an area that has a LOT of ticks and I don't believe Edmonton has a tick problem.

Another possibility is chiggers. These look like little tiny ticks.

Lice are possible as well, although not that common.

It would be a great idea to use a flea and tick product such as Frontline or Revolution. Some parasites like lice can be killed with over the counter flea products. However, these products don't work well for fleas.

Another great idea would be to collect one of the bugs and drop by your vet's office to ask them what it is.

Hope all goes well!

Why did my dog die? I had a 6 yr old lab mix. November 2010 he started becoming lethargic, limping... (9929 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (37011 views)

How much water should a puppy drink? Dr Marie, This is more a precautionary question. Max is 4.5 months old, 37... (90415 views)

Hypoallergenic dogs. Dr. Marie, thank you for responding to my recent questions regarding my Pug, Newt. I... (9434 views)

Cat has a watery eye. Hi, I have spoken with you before about my cat Yoko. She suffers from swollen gums... (14342 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (23172 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (25385 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (8461 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (20504 views)

Bloated and leaking urine. This past week my 12 year old german shepard has been wetting herself and last night... (25582 views)