What are these little brown bugs.

Breed: i dotn know i just
hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber what she is :) we were at our farm outside of edmonton and she along with my other dog muffy , theywent under a older building and came out with TONS of these little browne bugs and i dont know what to do i have bathed them thoroly and they are still there!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks veary much, hope to hear form you right away :)

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question.

The most common parasite that you would see on your pets are fleas. Fleas are only 1-2 mm long and crawl or jump on the skin. Often with fleas you can see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks of dandruff.

Another possibility is ticks. Ticks are bigger than fleas - usually around the size of your little finger nail or possibly a little smaller. However, usually to get this many ticks you would have to be living in an area that has a LOT of ticks and I don't believe Edmonton has a tick problem.

Another possibility is chiggers. These look like little tiny ticks.

Lice are possible as well, although not that common.

It would be a great idea to use a flea and tick product such as Frontline or Revolution. Some parasites like lice can be killed with over the counter flea products. However, these products don't work well for fleas.

Another great idea would be to collect one of the bugs and drop by your vet's office to ask them what it is.

Hope all goes well!

How long for Frontline to work An older cat has been living under my porch for a while. I am interested in bringing... (9605 views)

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (17627 views)

UTI has returned? We are currently living abroad in Kazakhstan. Vet care here is not what we are used... (32628 views)

Chicken jerky treats making dog sick My 2 yr old Shizu/Poodle has been scratching and her water intake seems to have... (6102 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (27113 views)

Is my Golden hypothryoid? We have tried every diet under the sun to get the last few kilo's off our doggie.... (8635 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (5644 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8535 views)

Lump where umbilicus was. Hi, I have a kitten who is 4 weeks and a few days. Ive noticed today that where the... (17678 views)

Reusing thermometers I took my Lhasa Apso, Monroe, to Banfield at PetSmart today. He is having issues... (11656 views)