What are these little brown bugs.

Breed: i dotn know i just
hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber what she is :) we were at our farm outside of edmonton and she along with my other dog muffy , theywent under a older building and came out with TONS of these little browne bugs and i dont know what to do i have bathed them thoroly and they are still there!!!

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks veary much, hope to hear form you right away :)

Related Article: How to get rid of fleas!

Hi and thanks for your question.

The most common parasite that you would see on your pets are fleas. Fleas are only 1-2 mm long and crawl or jump on the skin. Often with fleas you can see flea dirt which looks like little black flecks of dandruff.

Another possibility is ticks. Ticks are bigger than fleas - usually around the size of your little finger nail or possibly a little smaller. However, usually to get this many ticks you would have to be living in an area that has a LOT of ticks and I don't believe Edmonton has a tick problem.

Another possibility is chiggers. These look like little tiny ticks.

Lice are possible as well, although not that common.

It would be a great idea to use a flea and tick product such as Frontline or Revolution. Some parasites like lice can be killed with over the counter flea products. However, these products don't work well for fleas.

Another great idea would be to collect one of the bugs and drop by your vet's office to ask them what it is.

Hope all goes well!

cat with bald belly Dr Marie, My cat has recently started loosing the hair on her belly her tummy is... (13088 views)

Possible silent heat. She went into heat last year in August for the first time. She has not gone into... (15035 views)

Carnassial tooth slab fracture. Hello Dr. Marie! Thanks for offering this service! My 3 year old dog has... (14937 views)

Hair loss in patches. Hi we live in a remote community up near Darwin in Australia. Four weeks ago we took... (11338 views)

Parvo and hookworms. Last Monday, I got this puppy, a miniature doxen. Well, the first few days he was a... (26998 views)

Metacam safe for dogs? Hi, We have a 2 year old Lab mix from the local shelter. We adopted him as a puppy... (18997 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (8649 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (15468 views)

Wheezing, sneezing kitten. my kitten is 3 and a half months old recently she has been sleeping a whole lot and... (15202 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (12005 views)