Cat is shedding a lot.

Breed: abysinian
I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I brush her, much more than in the past. She is currently taking Pretnisome , for allergy, and Flovent , for asthma. I find it on my clothing and on the furniture, which is something I hadn't had in the past. Is this something I should worry about or is there a season in which this is a normal thing to happen?

I can think of a few possible reasons for Abby to be losing her hair.

My first guess is that this is connected to her allergies. Even if she is not itchy on her skin, allergic skin is much more likely to lose hair.

It's also possible that the prednisone is causing her to shed more than usual.

I do see some cats that shed more when the seasons change, so this is possible as well.

If the hair loss is predominantly on her back over the base of her tail then fleas are a very real possibility even if you are not seeing fleas at all.

If she has any red lesions or spots at all then I'd recommend having your vet look at her. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Wobbly boxer My 3 year old male boxer has several issues. A couple weeks ago he was lethargic... (21077 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (19670 views)

Lesions on foot pads. my cat is missing large pieces of skin on its foot pads after getting scabs all over... (10760 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (22167 views)

Dog ate moldy food. I know its likely my question won't get answered, and this is a question that can't... (30235 views)

Can't bear weight. This isn't my pet, it is my sister in law's pet. Over the past few months, the dog... (9648 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (30030 views)

Chicken fillets by Beefeaters. Dear Dr. Marie, I have a 10 y.o. Black and Tan Coonhound and he just loves... (15545 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (10734 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (8665 views)