Cat is shedding a lot.

Breed: abysinian
I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I brush her, much more than in the past. She is currently taking Pretnisome , for allergy, and Flovent , for asthma. I find it on my clothing and on the furniture, which is something I hadn't had in the past. Is this something I should worry about or is there a season in which this is a normal thing to happen?

I can think of a few possible reasons for Abby to be losing her hair.

My first guess is that this is connected to her allergies. Even if she is not itchy on her skin, allergic skin is much more likely to lose hair.

It's also possible that the prednisone is causing her to shed more than usual.

I do see some cats that shed more when the seasons change, so this is possible as well.

If the hair loss is predominantly on her back over the base of her tail then fleas are a very real possibility even if you are not seeing fleas at all.

If she has any red lesions or spots at all then I'd recommend having your vet look at her. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (18444 views)

Remove lumps? Sammy is an 8 yr old golden from a fairly good breeder. But Cancer is know to be in... (11445 views)

Can dogs get chlamydia? I recently found out that i had Chlamydia, my dog hank has a bad habit of getting... (40950 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (16886 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (8040 views)

Boxer grinding teeth. my fixed female boxer has recently started grinding her teeth. she seems to do this... (52949 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (7898 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (18618 views)

Cat flung himself around. Hello about 2 weeks ago my 12 year old cat was sleeping soundly when he woke up... (6971 views)

Lump after vaccines. ...Hello! My name is Jessie and I have a Teacup Chihuhua named Zeep. He is about 10... (15687 views)