Cat is shedding a lot.

Breed: abysinian
I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I brush her, much more than in the past. She is currently taking Pretnisome , for allergy, and Flovent , for asthma. I find it on my clothing and on the furniture, which is something I hadn't had in the past. Is this something I should worry about or is there a season in which this is a normal thing to happen?

I can think of a few possible reasons for Abby to be losing her hair.

My first guess is that this is connected to her allergies. Even if she is not itchy on her skin, allergic skin is much more likely to lose hair.

It's also possible that the prednisone is causing her to shed more than usual.

I do see some cats that shed more when the seasons change, so this is possible as well.

If the hair loss is predominantly on her back over the base of her tail then fleas are a very real possibility even if you are not seeing fleas at all.

If she has any red lesions or spots at all then I'd recommend having your vet look at her. Otherwise, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (16198 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92875 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (16076 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (6053 views)

Lab not eating. My 13 yr old Lab, Dylan, who has NEVER turned her nose up at any kind of food, has... (24275 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7899 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (12106 views)

MacuGuard Ocular Support My 13 year-old, 16lbs, Poodle toy is on the Royal Canin Satiety Support, as... (5984 views)

Can puppy go outside? I was just wondering when it is okay to take Marley for walkes? He only has his... (10459 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9340 views)