Pit Bull died suddenly.

Breed: Pit Bull
My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor that was Moving out she was a wonderful dog she also got pregnant couple months after we got her with my uncles dog that we were watching for a couple months but didn't know that she wasn't spayed. Well happy to say she had 5 Beautiful Puppy's 4 Males and 1 Female. We kept the female and raised her with the mother. Its been about 4 months since the birth she's gotten her size back and looking Really healthy until Today Mar. 29, 2011. I woke up this morning she was playful and needed to go outside i let her and her daughter out side. i was in side for about 5-10 minutes. Then i started hearing Really Loud Whimpering out Back. As i came out back i noticed her lying down on her side Whimpering loudly still and her Daughter Licking her. As i came to about 10 Feet From her She Stopped and Became Lifeless. I put my hand on her chest to see if she was still breathing and feel a heart beat but neither were there. I was Baffled so I Began Giving her CPR without mouth to mouth just Compressions on the chest to see if that would Jolt her Heart or get a Reaction. After about 3 Minutes of that i received No indications that she was Going to Come back. I just would like to know what you think would cause this Sudden Death?? I would really like an answer if possible i don't mind the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

When a young dog dies suddenly the first thing that I think of is a heart condition. Some dogs with a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy will have no symptoms and then suddenly die.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

FIV positive and diarrhea. Hi Dr. Marie - I took in a semi feral cat about six weeks ago. He is FIV+. He has... (14829 views)

Runny soft stools. Rocky is 7 weeks old, has been eating the same food and now his feces has become... (9660 views)

Keep dachshund from jumping? Hello, About 2 months ago I woke to find that my dachshund could not move her hind... (9957 views)

Hair loss and black skin. my 15 yr old pomeranian is losing hair in the middle of her back. it just now... (8899 views)

Should liver biopsy be done? Dear Dr Haines, I have a 10 year old Bichon-Poodle-Maltese mix male dog (Max). ... (5874 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (18318 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (30847 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (8626 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (31808 views)

Dry nose in a dog. is it normal that my 10 year old dog haves a very dry nose everytime?... (7461 views)