Pit Bull died suddenly.

Breed: Pit Bull
My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor that was Moving out she was a wonderful dog she also got pregnant couple months after we got her with my uncles dog that we were watching for a couple months but didn't know that she wasn't spayed. Well happy to say she had 5 Beautiful Puppy's 4 Males and 1 Female. We kept the female and raised her with the mother. Its been about 4 months since the birth she's gotten her size back and looking Really healthy until Today Mar. 29, 2011. I woke up this morning she was playful and needed to go outside i let her and her daughter out side. i was in side for about 5-10 minutes. Then i started hearing Really Loud Whimpering out Back. As i came out back i noticed her lying down on her side Whimpering loudly still and her Daughter Licking her. As i came to about 10 Feet From her She Stopped and Became Lifeless. I put my hand on her chest to see if she was still breathing and feel a heart beat but neither were there. I was Baffled so I Began Giving her CPR without mouth to mouth just Compressions on the chest to see if that would Jolt her Heart or get a Reaction. After about 3 Minutes of that i received No indications that she was Going to Come back. I just would like to know what you think would cause this Sudden Death?? I would really like an answer if possible i don't mind the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

When a young dog dies suddenly the first thing that I think of is a heart condition. Some dogs with a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy will have no symptoms and then suddenly die.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Testosterone injection for cryptorchidism. I have a Mini French Poodle and he is about 1 year old and he only has one testicle... (7365 views)

Vaccinate for parvo before 6 weeks? We have a litter of labrador puppies. They are 5 and 1/2 weeks old. Can we... (9011 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (7883 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11587 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15161 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (22877 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (23496 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8204 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (8160 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (5085 views)