Pit Bull died suddenly.

Breed: Pit Bull
My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor that was Moving out she was a wonderful dog she also got pregnant couple months after we got her with my uncles dog that we were watching for a couple months but didn't know that she wasn't spayed. Well happy to say she had 5 Beautiful Puppy's 4 Males and 1 Female. We kept the female and raised her with the mother. Its been about 4 months since the birth she's gotten her size back and looking Really healthy until Today Mar. 29, 2011. I woke up this morning she was playful and needed to go outside i let her and her daughter out side. i was in side for about 5-10 minutes. Then i started hearing Really Loud Whimpering out Back. As i came out back i noticed her lying down on her side Whimpering loudly still and her Daughter Licking her. As i came to about 10 Feet From her She Stopped and Became Lifeless. I put my hand on her chest to see if she was still breathing and feel a heart beat but neither were there. I was Baffled so I Began Giving her CPR without mouth to mouth just Compressions on the chest to see if that would Jolt her Heart or get a Reaction. After about 3 Minutes of that i received No indications that she was Going to Come back. I just would like to know what you think would cause this Sudden Death?? I would really like an answer if possible i don't mind the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

When a young dog dies suddenly the first thing that I think of is a heart condition. Some dogs with a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy will have no symptoms and then suddenly die.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hyperthyroidism and IBD. We adopted Mo 10 years ago from the Humane Society. She was about 6 years old at... (12576 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (29489 views)

Dog is vomiting again. Hi Dr. Marie, Last Tuesday (Dec 6) I came home and Max had vomitted up some bile... (13574 views)

urinating in the house Dr. Marie, Isabella is a healthy 13 yr old female cat. For a short period we... (8141 views)

Cat losing fur. Hi Why is my cats fur on his back all falling off in large clumps, other than that... (25625 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11932 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (7331 views)

Dog with swollen shoulder. There is something wrong with one side of my dogs shoulder. It looks swollen but if... (20222 views)

Cat not eating. About 2 Weeks ago I took Emma to the Vet because pretty much overnight her Appetite... (12920 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (27008 views)