Pit Bull died suddenly.

Breed: Pit Bull
My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor that was Moving out she was a wonderful dog she also got pregnant couple months after we got her with my uncles dog that we were watching for a couple months but didn't know that she wasn't spayed. Well happy to say she had 5 Beautiful Puppy's 4 Males and 1 Female. We kept the female and raised her with the mother. Its been about 4 months since the birth she's gotten her size back and looking Really healthy until Today Mar. 29, 2011. I woke up this morning she was playful and needed to go outside i let her and her daughter out side. i was in side for about 5-10 minutes. Then i started hearing Really Loud Whimpering out Back. As i came out back i noticed her lying down on her side Whimpering loudly still and her Daughter Licking her. As i came to about 10 Feet From her She Stopped and Became Lifeless. I put my hand on her chest to see if she was still breathing and feel a heart beat but neither were there. I was Baffled so I Began Giving her CPR without mouth to mouth just Compressions on the chest to see if that would Jolt her Heart or get a Reaction. After about 3 Minutes of that i received No indications that she was Going to Come back. I just would like to know what you think would cause this Sudden Death?? I would really like an answer if possible i don't mind the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

When a young dog dies suddenly the first thing that I think of is a heart condition. Some dogs with a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy will have no symptoms and then suddenly die.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (29321 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (38264 views)

Stroke or brain tumor? I have been doing a lot of searching on the internet over the weekend and am glad... (11459 views)

Dog has a crooked tail. We have a pure bred Staffy 5 months old. Her tail curls right over her back and... (15327 views)

Ferret with hair loss and wobbliness. My ferett has lost all hair on back and i came home today and he is extremly wobbly... (19228 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (8536 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10650 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (32833 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis. Jet has started making sounds like he is gasping for breath and then coughs. This... (13162 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (54154 views)