Pit Bull died suddenly.

Breed: Pit Bull
My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor that was Moving out she was a wonderful dog she also got pregnant couple months after we got her with my uncles dog that we were watching for a couple months but didn't know that she wasn't spayed. Well happy to say she had 5 Beautiful Puppy's 4 Males and 1 Female. We kept the female and raised her with the mother. Its been about 4 months since the birth she's gotten her size back and looking Really healthy until Today Mar. 29, 2011. I woke up this morning she was playful and needed to go outside i let her and her daughter out side. i was in side for about 5-10 minutes. Then i started hearing Really Loud Whimpering out Back. As i came out back i noticed her lying down on her side Whimpering loudly still and her Daughter Licking her. As i came to about 10 Feet From her She Stopped and Became Lifeless. I put my hand on her chest to see if she was still breathing and feel a heart beat but neither were there. I was Baffled so I Began Giving her CPR without mouth to mouth just Compressions on the chest to see if that would Jolt her Heart or get a Reaction. After about 3 Minutes of that i received No indications that she was Going to Come back. I just would like to know what you think would cause this Sudden Death?? I would really like an answer if possible i don't mind the wait.

I'm very sorry to hear that this happened.

When a young dog dies suddenly the first thing that I think of is a heart condition. Some dogs with a condition called dilated cardiomyopathy will have no symptoms and then suddenly die.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (9668 views)

Mast cell tumor. Dear Dr. Marie: My dog, Jammy, has had a small lump near her neck that filled up... (11532 views)

Flea problems. My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (10029 views)

Not nursing, diarrhea. We have two mom cats with seven kittens each, one litter a week and a half older... (5908 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (36954 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (7750 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (12318 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (16110 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (6597 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (5692 views)