Kittens not eating or nursing

Breed: house cat?
My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking care of them all together. They have teeth but they refuse to eat hard and wet cat food. I got a small bottle to feed the kittens and I got them kitten formula from a local veterinary. They refuse to eat from the bottle, I have to force it into their mouth and hope they swallow it. One of the kittens died over night before I got the formula and another one of them died in my lap after meowing very loudly right after I got the formula. Could you please help me as to how to get them to eat, we don't have the money to pay the veterinary to feed them for us?

Sorry to hear that these kittens are not doing well.

At 5 weeks of age they really should be able to eat solid food. If they are not eating and won't drink from a bottle then there is a possibility that they are not eating because they are sick. Do any of the kittens have a nasal discharge or diarrhea? If so they may have a virus and will likely need veterinary attention.

I have a few other thoughts for you though. When you are trying the nursing bottle, has there been a hole punched through the nipple? I have no idea why, but some kitten nursers are sold with no hole in the nipple and you need to take a pin and make one.

Have you tried offering canned food mixed with warm water? Mix it up so it looks like a soup. They should be able to lap this up. If they are not, then I am concerned that they may be sick and will need to see the vet.

If you are having trouble finding money for vet bills, one of these organizations may help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope they do ok.

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (100404 views)

Itchy behind neck and ears. My cat, fuzzy, is starting to itch behind her neck, her ear area, base of her tail,... (10630 views)

Sick 4 week old puppies. i have 5 chihuahua puppies of 4 weeks, and last night one of the pup's started... (21175 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (11848 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19681 views)

Crusty ears and very itchy. i have a boston terrier that just turned 1 year old (female). at 6 months i took her... (11267 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (26110 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (8456 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (18901 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (32485 views)