Kittens not eating or nursing

Breed: house cat?
My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking care of them all together. They have teeth but they refuse to eat hard and wet cat food. I got a small bottle to feed the kittens and I got them kitten formula from a local veterinary. They refuse to eat from the bottle, I have to force it into their mouth and hope they swallow it. One of the kittens died over night before I got the formula and another one of them died in my lap after meowing very loudly right after I got the formula. Could you please help me as to how to get them to eat, we don't have the money to pay the veterinary to feed them for us?

Sorry to hear that these kittens are not doing well.

At 5 weeks of age they really should be able to eat solid food. If they are not eating and won't drink from a bottle then there is a possibility that they are not eating because they are sick. Do any of the kittens have a nasal discharge or diarrhea? If so they may have a virus and will likely need veterinary attention.

I have a few other thoughts for you though. When you are trying the nursing bottle, has there been a hole punched through the nipple? I have no idea why, but some kitten nursers are sold with no hole in the nipple and you need to take a pin and make one.

Have you tried offering canned food mixed with warm water? Mix it up so it looks like a soup. They should be able to lap this up. If they are not, then I am concerned that they may be sick and will need to see the vet.

If you are having trouble finding money for vet bills, one of these organizations may help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope they do ok.

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (12918 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7284 views)

Breeding and vaccines. I wanted to breed my female pitbull, but I have not yet given her the annual... (15340 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (21685 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (50874 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (12773 views)

Itchy smelly dark skin. Good day! I am Arby Bautista from Laguna, Philippines. I searched the internet... (6067 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8652 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (15197 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (14343 views)