Kittens not eating or nursing

Breed: house cat?
My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking care of them all together. They have teeth but they refuse to eat hard and wet cat food. I got a small bottle to feed the kittens and I got them kitten formula from a local veterinary. They refuse to eat from the bottle, I have to force it into their mouth and hope they swallow it. One of the kittens died over night before I got the formula and another one of them died in my lap after meowing very loudly right after I got the formula. Could you please help me as to how to get them to eat, we don't have the money to pay the veterinary to feed them for us?

Sorry to hear that these kittens are not doing well.

At 5 weeks of age they really should be able to eat solid food. If they are not eating and won't drink from a bottle then there is a possibility that they are not eating because they are sick. Do any of the kittens have a nasal discharge or diarrhea? If so they may have a virus and will likely need veterinary attention.

I have a few other thoughts for you though. When you are trying the nursing bottle, has there been a hole punched through the nipple? I have no idea why, but some kitten nursers are sold with no hole in the nipple and you need to take a pin and make one.

Have you tried offering canned food mixed with warm water? Mix it up so it looks like a soup. They should be able to lap this up. If they are not, then I am concerned that they may be sick and will need to see the vet.

If you are having trouble finding money for vet bills, one of these organizations may help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope they do ok.

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6725 views)

Tubes in dogs ears? our bulldog has bad problems with his ears they are almost swollen shut. our vet... (18390 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (28923 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (68489 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (11689 views)

Dog scared of people. Hi My dog is very scared of people. she is a year old and has been scared of new... (11019 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (56817 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (7958 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (10238 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (20750 views)