Kittens not eating or nursing

Breed: house cat?
My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking care of them all together. They have teeth but they refuse to eat hard and wet cat food. I got a small bottle to feed the kittens and I got them kitten formula from a local veterinary. They refuse to eat from the bottle, I have to force it into their mouth and hope they swallow it. One of the kittens died over night before I got the formula and another one of them died in my lap after meowing very loudly right after I got the formula. Could you please help me as to how to get them to eat, we don't have the money to pay the veterinary to feed them for us?

Sorry to hear that these kittens are not doing well.

At 5 weeks of age they really should be able to eat solid food. If they are not eating and won't drink from a bottle then there is a possibility that they are not eating because they are sick. Do any of the kittens have a nasal discharge or diarrhea? If so they may have a virus and will likely need veterinary attention.

I have a few other thoughts for you though. When you are trying the nursing bottle, has there been a hole punched through the nipple? I have no idea why, but some kitten nursers are sold with no hole in the nipple and you need to take a pin and make one.

Have you tried offering canned food mixed with warm water? Mix it up so it looks like a soup. They should be able to lap this up. If they are not, then I am concerned that they may be sick and will need to see the vet.

If you are having trouble finding money for vet bills, one of these organizations may help:

http://askavetquestion.com/blog/need-help-paying-for-veterinary-bills/

I hope they do ok.

Mast Cell tumor? This past Saturday afternoon I was petting my dog and I noticed a small bump under... (24318 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (29366 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (9345 views)

Did cherry eye surgery fail? My 10 month old baby boy, ralphie, just had a cherry eye surgery yesterday. this... (23889 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (12411 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (10686 views)

Cat losing fur on belly. Over the past month my eldest cat has lost a lot of her fur on her belly and back... (82215 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (16475 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6220 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (10156 views)