Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (3673 views)

Seizures wouldn't stop. My dog suddenly had status epilepticus without having prior history of seizures. He... (20529 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (5795 views)

Dog pees when someone pets him. Cooper is 5 months old and neutered. He pees when anyone pets him, talks to him or... (3454 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (12167 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (3387 views)

Dog is going blind. Blacky is going blind, we have no idea what is causing it , he is a healthy dog,,,... (5836 views)

IVDD in dog. My dog Basil woke up this morning and would not jump off of the bed, go down steps,... (8487 views)

Cat is very thirsty. I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently... (7154 views)

Kitten can't hold head up. I recently found a abandoned kitten and took it into my house. I've had for a week... (8966 views)