Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (10340 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (14389 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (9171 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (7796 views)

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (21680 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (5511 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (5859 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (11950 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (6243 views)

Matts on my cat I have a long hair cat with alot of matted hair. I also got L'oreal tangle tamer for... (4730 views)