Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (12423 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (20570 views)

Dog eats grass and vomits Hi Marie! My Germen Spitz(male) eats some grass while he is out and vomits.Avoids... (7824 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (3654 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (4396 views)

Addison's disease? I've seen a few questions where people ask about what could have happened to their... (40858 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (25790 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (12200 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (53586 views)

Vomiting 3 times per day. My dog is vomiting about 3x per day. She seems to be happy and wants to eat a... (15410 views)