Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Flying with your dog. Hello! We have recently purchased a mini schnoodle. She will be 8 weeks old when... (6525 views)

Megacolon. my cat has megacolon.we give him lactulose 1 1/2 oz 2 times a day & cisapride 1 ml 2... (8008 views)

Pit Bull doesn't want to walk. Okay, A few minuets ago I went on a walk/jog with my playful Putbull/Lab, I had... (6615 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (15549 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (16035 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (6010 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (38120 views)

Dog leaps to her feet. Why does my 12 year old lame Siberian Husky suddenly leap to her feet and walk off.... (6220 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (19208 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (9543 views)