Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (34218 views)

Vaginal bleeding in cat. my cat is having vaginal bleeding since early morning, she cannot keep up with... (21030 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (17949 views)

Spay a nursing cat? Our kitty gave birth to three kittens 10 days ago and is already in heat. Is it... (9473 views)

Superglue for dog's wound. He had a cut on his leg from broken glass fairly deep but not long, nor puncture. I... (24817 views)

Pemphigus and prednisone. Dear Dr Marie I am from Nepal. It is a developing country with per capita income... (5598 views)

Aggressive dog torn nail Lincoln split his nail 2 weeks ago. I put Neosporin on it and wrapped it with a... (12395 views)

Patellar luxation in big dog. Dr, For the past few days Max has had a UTI. For the past two visits my vet has... (6850 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (14943 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (36873 views)