Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (16051 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (13321 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (26078 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (6042 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8504 views)

Nosebleed, won't eat. We have an 11 yr old black lab. About 2 mos. ago we noticed blood dripping from her... (17856 views)

Clear discharge from dog's nose. Hello, My 3 year old Golden Retriever has been blowing her nose--exactly how... (22620 views)

Dog pees in the house. Woody has been peeing when I have gone to work in the bedroom. I take him out... (8982 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (18644 views)

Older dog having seizures. She has been having more vestibular events lately and closer to each other and I'm... (8878 views)