Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (9227 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (12861 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (29058 views)

Will kitten be ok when I go away? My kitten will be just over 15 weeks old when we go away for 1 week. I was going to... (9177 views)

Dried blood in ferret's ears. My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (10792 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (10533 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (3557 views)

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (39437 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (11297 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (9514 views)