Paralyzed back legs.

Breed: chawowa
about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and will not move take part,and I even touch the legs and they just go limp,what can cause this.

Oh dear, this sounds serious.

It is possible that Jade has ruptured a disc in her back. If a disc is bulging this will press on the spinal cord and affect the nerves to her back end.

A similar problem is something called a fibrocartilaginous embolism.

It is also possible that she has injured her back in an accident.

In any case, she needs to see the vet immediately. Some of these back problems can be treated with strong doses of anti-inflammatory medications but many will need surgery.

I really hope that Jade is ok!

Fleas on a newborn kitten. My cat just had kittens and they have fleas. What can I do to get rid of fleas on... (7259 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6228 views)

Swollen face after fight. My miniature pinscher was attacked by a boxer a few days ago. Her wounds have... (12006 views)

Urinating in house. Our cat Alice was involved in a fight in the garden with another cat. SHe had a sore... (10556 views)

Bad odor from dog's behind. I have a border Collie-lab male 4 year old dog. About a week go I noticed that my... (12573 views)

15 year old dog with kidney failure. My dog Gyppie had a bloody stool, large. We took her to the vet. He ran blood work,... (7787 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7059 views)

Puppy has a broken leg. Dear Marie, I have 9 weeks old Pomeranian. She broke her right front leg. She is... (38873 views)

Cat is being picked on I have 3 cats. Inga is picked on by both. I think they both just want to play with... (10101 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8552 views)