Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (25668 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (8804 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (14856 views)

Laser pointer safe for cats? My Abby is thrilled with the new toy that I purchased for her, a laser pointer. She... (7600 views)

Hot spot on head. My dog has a raw spot on the top of his head that looks like a hotspot. He has... (7613 views)

Black lumps in a cat's ear. I recently noticed two black spots in one of my cat's ears. They haven't always been... (19995 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7358 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (23522 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8731 views)

Rash on dog's chin. I HAVE A 1.6 YEAR OLD GREAT DANE IN GOOD HEALTH. HOWEVER, SHE HAS DEVELOPED A RASH... (14606 views)