Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

Can't lift tail. my Golden Retriever's tail doesn't lift up like it normally does. She can still wag... (15045 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (5217 views)

Diarrhea and then death. My question is about the death of our Daisy Mae. We are staying in South Padre... (37191 views)

Penis discharge in dog. Hello. My male Jack Russell dog is now 6-7 months old and lately, he has been... (97077 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (83490 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11202 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12117 views)

Cavalier screaming in pain. Hi there, since last Thursday my puppy having very strange moment and I went to my... (35041 views)

Hyperthyroidism and stress. My cat Harry, who is approximately 12 years old, was just diagnosed with... (8228 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (100966 views)