Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (23854 views)

Should surgery be done? I have a female labrador, who is six year old and was nutered when she was 1 year... (5151 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (6332 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (31933 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (7028 views)

Low specific gravity. This is regarding a 9 year old male pitbull, neutered with no past medical history.... (5337 views)

Boxer collapsed. Last saturday our female 1 year old boxer collapsed and her gums went very pale. We... (10506 views)

Kitten was hit by a car. Hello. I would really appreciate if you could help with this situation. My kitten... (8685 views)

Vomiting all food. My mom's adopted shelter cat, Luci, has a strange problem. It used to be nearly... (6025 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (7855 views)