Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

Multiple mast cell tumors. Hi Marie, it says that my question has been answered, but I do not know how to... (21728 views)

Pelvis fracture. Dear Dr Marie, My dog currently has a broken pelvis that is not mending. It... (20159 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (16479 views)

Canine tooth extracted. My cat recently underwent a procedure to remove her broken, upper right canine. It... (9806 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (9951 views)

Remend (The dog is not mine) A friend is asking me to get Remend for their dog from a... (27578 views)

Vomiting every day. My cat has been throwing up almost every day for weeks but not after feeding. This... (36456 views)

Back leg shaking. My aging Pit bull terrier's back leg shakes like he has Parkinson's disease. Back... (11403 views)

Chin acne. Hi there, My cat came down with a case of feline acne, probably caused by stress,... (12811 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (16755 views)