Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (6771 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (8066 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (13984 views)

Sick Golden Dr., I try to keep this short: My kids golden, 7+ years old, got lyme like 3... (5824 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (58308 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (10638 views)

Pit Bull died suddenly. My Female Pit bull is about a year and half to 2 years we got her from a neighbor... (12174 views)

Bitten by copperhead snake. My mom's 14 week old puppy got bit by a snake. Didn't see the snake. What should... (8398 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10008 views)

Should I have euthanized? We put my dog Kyra to sleep yesterday and I am struggling with the decision. Here... (6492 views)