Ok for dog to eat cat food?

Breed: cock-a-poo
My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I feed the cat. I usually give her a small hand full of Whiskas Kibble, just so she won't feel left out. Is there anything wrong with dogs having a little snack on cat food, if it doesn't spoil there supper?

A tiny amount of cat food is not likely to cause harm to a dog. I wouldn't want to feed more than just a few kibbles though for a few reasons:

1. Cat food is more nutrient dense, so your dog would likely gain weight.

2. If he's getting more cat food than dog food then he's not getting the proper nutrients he needs from his dog food.

3. He may decide that he only likes cat food and may stop eating his dog food. Then you get into a vicious cycle where you feel bad for him so you give him more cat food (because that is what he likes to eat) and as a result he eats less of his dog food.

So, a few kibbles here and there is likely fine, but don't go overboard!

Small open wound on dog Our min pin lives out in country with us. We have enclosed 1/2 acre fenced area. She... (13993 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (91089 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11426 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (166690 views)

Dog hurt her leg. hi my dog trixey is nearly 15.i think she may have hurt her leg because she can't... (6603 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (9898 views)

Lepto from mice? I live in New York City, in an apartment. Two days ago, I left Honey's food out on... (14625 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11937 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (67177 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (8206 views)