Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (19965 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (11016 views)

Lump under eye. Hello Marie My yellow lab "Lucy" has developed a hard lump one inch under her left... (54746 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (10988 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (20572 views)

Aggressive cats when in heat. i have 2 cats cocoa & honey & honey jus had kittens but before honey had her kittens... (10393 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (13234 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (61376 views)

Trouble having bowel movements. ok so my pug has pooping weird lately. almost every time he goes he wines and runes... (7414 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (12955 views)