Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Dog with ear problem. Icleaned my dogs ears with a Q tip and may have hurt his ear drum. I cannot go to a... (12253 views)

Are bully sticks safe? My dog loves to chew on bully sticks. I think it's kind of gross that it is a... (18352 views)

CCNU chemotherapy. My 12.5 year old Boxer mix was diagnosed with malignant melanoma last week. Surgery... (10162 views)

Can't get rid of fleas. Lately my dog has been non stop scratching and biting his skin. His skin becomes... (7775 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (4377 views)

Licking at bum and feet. My 12 year old female cat started having anal gland issues over a year ago. After... (6904 views)

maggots in guinea pig's cage Dear dr marie, i found maggots in my guinea pig's cage. So i want to know if he has... (13776 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (9284 views)

Swollen oozing paw. Hello my dog Jack is 10 1/2 years old and he has a very yucky looking paw. It is... (30876 views)

1 week old puppy checkup can you take a 1 week old puppy to the vet to get it checked to make sure its ok and... (7240 views)