Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Bumps around anus. Itchiness and swollen bumps "cauliflower" looking around her vagina and anus. She... (52977 views)

Possible distemper or kennel cough. I adopted Bub from the SPCA on August 13 and he was taken to the Vet on Aug 17 for... (8470 views)

Irregular heart rhythm. MY 12 year old lurcher ran into a car and broke a leg and a few ribs he is in... (8156 views)

Limping Dog. Yesterday, my dog started limping & avoiding putting any weight on his right hind... (23385 views)

Swollen lab. Hi, my name is Ron Lamoureux. One month ago I noticed that my 2 yr old Lab... (8746 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5376 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (9628 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (91512 views)

14 year old dog with diarrhea and weight loss I have 14 year old pomeranian. for the past 1 month, he is suffering from diarrhoea,... (16979 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15523 views)