Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (6918 views)

Kitten with diarrhea. My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much... (5678 views)

Constipated cat. For the past 2 weeks or so, my cat has been having some constipation. I think it... (16639 views)

Frontline and capstar but still has fleas. My cat has fleas. We have treated him with capstar and frontline, given him a flea... (17920 views)

Diabetes and cushings. Doc, I need an objective viewpoint. My 14 yr 3mo old dog Buddy has been diagnosed 3... (21093 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (19745 views)

Deformed leg on puppy. I have a Pomeranian Maltese that gave birth early yesterday morning. When going to... (10101 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (18426 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (12451 views)

Yorkie with Possible Pyometra. have a 7 year old female Yorkie that has been limp and despondent for 3 days. She... (12683 views)