Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

When to euthanize dog with arthritis. Hello. I'm going through a really hard time right now, trying to make a decision... (44688 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5864 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (26055 views)

Cat died suddenly. 10-11-2010 Dear Dr Marie, almost exactly similar to the post:... (27177 views)

Dog ate collar. Our dog ate half of a leather, metal studded collar about a week ago, which after a... (15582 views)

Do sheep die on their backs? Hi, there. We have been having a debate about a sheep we saw in the field behind... (75503 views)

Lump near penis. I have a one year old male dashund dog. He got all his shots. For two days he... (10407 views)

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (10594 views)

Dog died of pancreatitis. My yorkie died at the vets. She was 10 and a half. I fed her new dog food... (35591 views)

Black spot on tongue. Hi, I have an 10 year old mutt, and she's never eaten dog food, for 10 years I've... (10575 views)