Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Puppy is leaking urine. Im concerned about my puppy frequent and what seems to be lack of urin control. The... (22188 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (59928 views)

Metacam for cancer pain. I have a 13 year old Birman female cat, never really been sick in her life. We... (17727 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (22078 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (44142 views)

Seizure episode. he just had a sesiure like episode where he was walking with me and just kinda... (7608 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (8785 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (10851 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (19151 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (32883 views)