Recall on Hill's food?

Breed: Domestic short hair
My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of appetite. She had a bloody bowel movement. All X-rays and ultrasound were inconclusive. Bloodwork negative for leukemia, etc. she could barely stand. She had blood transfusions x 2. A bag of IV Fluids and 2 antibiotics. they didn't expect her to pull out. She was eating Hills Prescriptive Diet. Is this food in any way part of this recall? This is an indoor cat.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. No Hill's products were involved in this recall (May, 2012)...just products made at the Diamond plant in South Carolina. For a complete list see here.

It's hard to say what the cause is as there are many possibilities. But, it is extremely unlikely it was because of her food.

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (23635 views)

Bobcat with lump. Hi,I was wondering about my bobcat mix... He is 3 mo old ..we found him when he was... (10743 views)

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (31353 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (18537 views)

How to socialize fearful dog. how do you socialize a fearful dog? this dog I have will not go by anyone, if I walk... (14119 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (16205 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (38378 views)

Bengal Cat health questions. please could you read this topic Dr. Marie and answer to help this person? thank you... (12249 views)

Robaxin and Metacam. Rocky has been having back pain for over a week now. He's had this problem before... (23204 views)

Calcification in the lungs. dog lung calcification Dear Dr.Mari, I hear some bad sounds whenever my dog... (10055 views)